Powerglide to stage II with midplate installation pics

vlzman

Hey, does anybody have pics or helpful hints how to install chevy pattern PG to stage II motor? Car is tube chassis with mid and front plate.
Any help is appreciated.
thanks
Veljo

Any chance you can borrow a BOP transmission case from anybody?? If so the bottom 2 bolts (below the dowel pins) and the dowel pins are exactly the same on a stage 2 block as a chevy. Set your stage block on the ground on the front of the block , put the chevy mid-plate on the block and set the BOP trans case on the dowel pins and bolt it down with the bottom bolts. Take a transfer punch and punch the BOP bolt pattern to the plate. Then use threaded nut inserts (like those used on aftermarket dics brake kits) to bolt the trans to the plate , and counter sink 4 holes for flat head cap screws to bolt the plate to the block. See pics , hopefully that helps!! Mike

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 357
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 360
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 355
Cut the front of the PG off and install an Ultra Bell from JW Racing transmission.

http://www.racewithjw.com/JW-08-Catalog.pdf

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

That is not an option. I have dealt with two TH400-s that had pump-mounted bellhousings(to be used on Supra and 300ZX) and they were both PITA to deal with. The threads on the pump are not meant for that.
Also, the Glide in question has Dedenbaer case, so we try not to ruin it.

Mike, does the threaded nut inserts "cap"-s that will be over the midplate surface hit the engine mounting surface on the BV6 or will they clear?

They completely clear everything on the block. I have had at least 6-8 different blocks in this chissis since 1995 and never had any issue with any contact between the heads of the inserts and the block not clearing!! Its fairly close , but it works fine!! Mike:cool:

That is not an option. I have dealt with two TH400-s that had pump-mounted bellhousings(to be used on Supra and 300ZX) and they were both PITA to deal with. The threads on the pump are not meant for that.
Also, the Glide in question has Dedenbaer case, so we try not to ruin it.

Mike, does the threaded nut inserts "cap"-s that will be over the midplate surface hit the engine mounting surface on the BV6 or will they clear?

I've ran 2 different glides behind 1500hp with JW bells bolted to the pump housing....never had issues.

Did it the same way as blownv6 but used heli coils instead because some of the threads are real close to the motor bolts on the ford to glide pattern.

4391442482_452b658f7e_o.jpg