Powermaster diagnosis help

thbjcb

About 10 years ago I bought one of those lifetime warranty powermasters. I am now having problems. I read one of online troubleshooting guides and I still not sure. here are my symtoms.... After pressing the brake peddle 10 times and turning the ignition on the pump will run for about 20 seconds. I took the brake cover off I am little confused. There are two chambers for the brake fluid, the one that has two lines for min and max and the other where the pump sucks fluid out. When the pump is done running the chamber where fluid is sucked out is empty. When the brake pedal is pressed 10 times the chamber where it sucks the fluid out is only 1/3 full????The chamber where the add fluid lines is does not go up or down????? fluid is dark colored so it needs to be replace but do I fill the other chamber so it does not run out of fluid? Why is there a chamber that is not used? I know, alot of ?'s Easiest way of draining all of the brake fluid ?

I don't know a lot about them but I can tell you there should not be one that is empty....when my system is pumped down the bowl is near full after it pumps back up it is a little less than half full.....hth.

thanks for the info. I think what i will do now is if I can find a way to get out the old fluid I will fill up the second chamber as full as the other.

anyone with ideas on how to drain out the old brake fluid? If I do this any idea on how much fluid it will take?

First of all, u should change the brake fluid once a year. The Powermaster is a finicky brake system that likes clean brake fluid.

To remove the old fluid, get a turkey baster n very CAREFULLY suck out the fluid into an empty bottle. Be extremely careful becuase if u get any brake fluid on your paint u will need a new paint job.

Before u pump out the fluid, turn off the car and pump ur brake pedal 10-12 times. This will empty the brake fluid out of the reservoir accumulator ball.

Buy some syntethic Valvoline brake fluid. It will be a good idea if u can bleed each wheel to get any air out of the braking system. u might have to reflush the system in a week or so, so that ur brake fluid will be free of contaminants n clean.

When u refill the brake reservoir, the side closer to the engine is filled completely and the side closer to the driver's fender is filled about half way to leave remove for the acumulator ball.

I used an old battery water filler bulb thingiee.