powermaster fuse keeps popping??

tpabayflyer

My 87 GN has popped the 30 amp fuse about 3 times in the last month... anybody know why?? TIA TBF

Go to gnttype.org and follow the flow charts and several great articles written to help us out with our Powermaster brakes.
HTH
Jim

Originally posted by tpabayflyer
My 87 GN has popped the 30 amp fuse about 3 times in the last month... anybody know why?? TIA TBF

The powermaster electric motor is probably on its way out.
Mine started blowing fuses here and there, then not too
long after that, the electric motor seized up.
I know you can change just the motor if you want, instead
of replacing the whole powermaster.

These cars are no fun to stop when the motor quits:eek:

Mine did the same thing. When I started looking at it I realized that once the motor warmed up it was running for about 22 sec every time I hit the break :eek: Bought a new P/M from Kragen and I've been stopping great ever since.

Thanx alot guys... looks like the motor is on the way out.. I did replace the M/C about 10 years ago but the motor is original... can I buy just the motot itself?? thanx TBF

Look on the turbo trader at gnttype.org. I've seen ads for NEW motor assemblies from a guy that bought the tooling from the general.

Thanx.. I have read all that and I am going to convert to vacuum.. I am the original owner of this car and the brakes have been marginal at best.. I am on my 3rd accumulator ball... rebuilt M/C...etc...... I can convert to vaccum for less than the cost of a new motor using new stuff..... I am tired of the problems so I will solve it now and do it right.. If vacuum is good enough for the Turbo T/A's it's good enough for me.... TBF

Re: Re: powermaster fuse keeps popping??

Originally posted by topfuel

These cars are no fun to stop when the motor quits:eek:

YOU'LL HAVE FITS......... IF YOUR MOTOR QUITS! :p ;)