powermaster install Question

sams87gn

Hi i will be installing a new/remanfactured powermaster unit . Is there any step by step instlation instrutions . Thanks for any help:smile:

very easy job, first depressurize system by pressing brake pedal about 15 times, then (hardest part of the job) climb under dash and disconnect brake pedal, there is a hairpin type clip holding the shaft to the brake pedal assembly, this part is a real pain, then take off the accumulator ball, this makes it easier to get to the two bolts on the firewall, remove bolts and disconnect the two lines, i suggest buying a line wrench, unplug wiring and remove the assembly, install new assembly and re-connect everything and bleed according to instructions on the site (just do a search)......one tip, if master cylinder arm does not want to come off of the brake pedal assembly, disconnect everything under the hood and have a buddy twist the powermaster a bit, use a screwdriver and gently pry it off of the pedal linkage......hope this helps

very easy job, first depressurize system by pressing brake pedal about 15 times, then (hardest part of the job) climb under dash and disconnect brake pedal, there is a hairpin type clip holding the shaft to the brake pedal assembly, this part is a real pain, then take off the accumulator ball, this makes it easier to get to the two bolts on the firewall, remove bolts and disconnect the two lines, i suggest buying a line wrench, unplug wiring and remove the assembly, install new assembly and re-connect everything and bleed according to instructions on the site (just do a search)......one tip, if master cylinder arm does not want to come off of the brake pedal assembly, disconnect everything under the hood and have a buddy twist the powermaster a bit, use a screwdriver and gently pry it off of the pedal linkage......hope this helps

Dude, that is exactly how its done, if it doesnt help then he just needs to go out there and start messing with it. :cool:

My only addition would be to just loosen the master cylinder first and jiggle it. It helps to get that clip off under the dash. I replaced my power master a couple of years ago, in 30 degree weather, outside, in the rain, and I am 6'4" so if I can do it, you can do it. :D