Powermaster

jack44130

I purchased the following "New, never out of the box" Powermaster from "turbo6jc" from his post on Januare 7th, 2008. This is what I was sent. When asked for a receipt/warranty card for possible factory warranty work on this "new" item, was told "I can't find it." I requested a refund, and was asked "why are you upset?" Does anyone else consider the item in these pictures to be "New" and "Never out of the box"?

dsc00087.jpg

dsc00088.jpg

dsc00090.jpg

dsc00091.jpg

looks like the typical reman when i was manager at autozone they came in looking like that they sandbalst them and dont put any paint back on them and they rust. what is wrong with it? did u try it on your car yet.

Some of you that know the Powermaster history a little better can probably spot this; but it that one of the recalled accumulator balls? I’ve got one that has the pressure port on the side that I was told was a recalled item; but don’t really know what this one is.

The motor and resevoir must have been reused/used, and transfered from another unit. Even the hoses are suspect. I would be less than happy.

honestly it looks fine to me. If something was new in the box there is no telling how long it sat on the shelf somewhere. Everything looks new and in order.

when you buy one of these reman units they reuse that parts that werent bad and replace seals only clean it up and thats it same way with the alternators and starters they just dont clean up the brake stuff as much as the electrical stuff

This is the current style (safe - non-recalled) accumulator:

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 243
This is one of the recalled accumulator balls. Your's is not new; but is either an rare antique, or at least a better deal than Auto Zone has on theirs at $550. I still wouldn't be happy about the "new" description.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 229
LIke Mike says NEW means NEW, period. Looks to have came from New Orleans. And I hurt for you folks down there!!

Ron

that does look like cardone box and packing material...looks ok except for that roached out looking motor.....originals were kinda goldish if i recall.....cardone came painted flat black.....looking at the rust, i suspect major leakage somewhere along the line....i dont think cardone would send one out looking that bad....i would be very pissed.......can i ask, what did you pay for it?

how much did you pay for it evey 1 knows how much they go for new if it were at a steel price you know what this is what you get but it definietly a reman