Powerplate x 2

MELOVEGN

Hey guys i was thinking last night about how two powerplates would work stacked on top of eachother wouldnt it kind of work like a spacer and a powerplate??

Post your opinions please
Thanks

*obligatory*

"use 6 egt sensors hooked up to the manifolds"

*comment *

In all seriousness though, you'll never really know until you try and test it. I wouldn't guess on turbo cars the plenum volume would make a huge difference, but I could be way off. I would think it would spool differently since it'd take longer to fill the extra volume, which means delay before the extra exhaust gasses leave. Probably a negligible ammount, but I'm not sure where the benefits would be. Test it and tell us your times before and after ;)

Originally posted by Nojug
You might run into a hood clearence issue I know mine hits w/ one power plate.

Do you think maybe that's because you run a Precision plenum instead of a stock plenem??? ;)

I personally think that if there was any benefit to running 2 plates stacked, Jason would have come out with a thicker plate. The whole purpose of the plate is to redistribute air flow, not to increase volume.

Yeah, what BillsGN said. Two plates, one of top of the other, would NOT work as designed. The plate changes distribution, and using two would change distribution even more, to an "untested" and potentially dangerous amount. Might starve the rear cylinders, might run the front cylinders way too lean, but since Jason designed/tested it in the single plate configuration, there's no way to be sure what would happen with two. Very unlikely to be anything good, however.

If I ported my lower, would I need to use the power plate? I'm asking cause I have one in the garage and I'm haveing my lower port matched to my heads.

TIA

What does plenum volume have to do with spool?

If there's more volume to pressurize, it will take longer to bring it up to pressure. This is why FMICs can increase lag.

no you can't stack them, (although this would be better for me if you could...lol) It changes everything doubling the thickness of the plate.

hope this helps

Since one plate is supposed to even out the air flow, maybe two plates will make it twice as even. ;)