Praise for a Vendor for a change!

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
Gentlemen,
I just wanted to take a minute to lavish some praise on Summit Racing (http://www.summitracing.com). I've been ordering parts from them for about a year now, Gauges, Electric fan, Tranny cooler, etc. Anyway, their parts are always as advertised, always the best price (at least on the things that I've priced), and they always arrive on time or ahead of schedule. Just wanted to give credit where it's due. It's a shame they don't carry more TR parts specifically, but I've always had good luck with them. Just for everyones info. - BB:)

Had good luck with JB's Powdercoating (John Butler), PTS (Bruce T.), Jay Frick, Cotton, Ramchargers, Postons, Kirbans, Summit, and PTE (ordered when Joe was there). Really everyone I have ordered from :) . Darn, I've spent some $$ on these cars :D . Going to get a TE44 from John Craig eventually :cool: .

Summitt is pretty good for general things but their whole catalog is devoted to SBC's and 5.0's. I have had good luck with Postons and Ramchargers. They have 95% of the things I need

Originally posted by Buick Beginner
Gentlemen,
I just wanted to take a minute to lavish some praise on Summit Racing (http://www.summitracing.com). I've been ordering parts from them for about a year now, Gauges, Electric fan, Tranny cooler, etc. Anyway, their parts are always as advertised, always the best price (at least on the things that I've priced), and they always arrive on time or ahead of schedule. Just wanted to give credit where it's due.
It is so true, Summit Racing is the best, in my opinion. They have great prices on almost everything, free shipping, and I have had to return a couple of parts on separate occassions... They refund/exchange with no questions asked, very helpful. Like mentioned earlier, it is too bad they don't have more parts for us, or I would be ordering *everything* from them.:)

One of the things I like about the vendors in the TR community is that, with such a small aftermarket for these cars, you kinda get to know the vendors pretty well and they generally provide excellent service.

Regarding Summit - I often find that Jeg's prices are a bit better and that the folks on the phone are a little friendlier. But by and large, can't complain ;)

Rich

Originally posted by QuickWE4

Regarding Summit - I often find that Jeg's prices are a bit better and that the folks on the phone are a little friendlier. But by and large, can't complain ;)

Rich

most everything i order is opposite it is usually equel price or a lil cheaper in summit and i order most of my stuff in the middle of the night and the people at jegs are usually snappy and the summit folks once you wake them up also seem to be friendly..

weird huh?

Red,

If Northern has a lot of stuff for our cars, but they are not included in their catalog or on their website, how do you know what they have...much less buy it?

:confused: