Precision 6870 Gen2 CEA

Reed@WORK is adapting the 3 bolt Garret housing to the BW S300 series turbos.
Cool ...
I just spoke with a shop today about adapting the 3 bolt. I am taking a housing to them on Saturday.

Subscribed !!!

Bryan

Considering the 6768 is $2599 with the dbb option I don't see this one being any less expensive. I've owned three precisions now and the tech to price point ratio does not seem to be competitive.

I saw one at SP yesterday, and chatted with Reid about the results. Woof! He will be posting it on Supra forums soon.

No word yet as to whether or not it will come in a Buick turbine housing. It will be a tight fit if it can make it at all.

Why don't they make a 3 bolt housing? We may be a "small" crowd but we are loyal and spend $$$$.

The real question- Is a Precision turbo the BEST option for a 231ci/250ci/274ci V6?

Anyone?

Back to back dyno testing of a Precision turbo and a Borg Warner equivalent would be very interesting to see, and would prob sway the crowd more than anything.

You'll get a thousand opinions, but for a street/strip 231 with a mild roller cam (206 ish), I'd opt for a 6262. And for a street/strip 250 (also mild cam, around 212 ish), I'd recommend the 6466CEA. I absolutely love mine.
And for a 274, this new 6870CEA turbo looks very promising. I might have to get one for my next combo.
http://www.precisionturbo.net/news/...ed-GEN2-PT6870-CEA®-Turbocharger-Released/284

Everyone is different. Some like pushing the smaller units, while others like to crank the power from a larger unit.
I saw some a little of everything in Bowling Green.

I called Precision last month about the housing. No plans for a Buick housing they said. Bummer. I may still buy one of these for my next combo, but first I'll see how my current turbo performs on the new engine.

Ya I called too. Same thing. No plans for a Buick housing.

Got a 6766 for now.

With the way the 6766 has been getting Buicks down the track, I don't see the need for this unit on our cars. We should focus on more efficient engine combos and tuning. Not dumping $2000+ into turbos cause they are "new" and "bigger"