pro-pain?

87blackbuick

who is running pro-pain injection? how do you like it? is it worth the extra money over alchol injection?

thanks

I personally like it. You don't have to fill it nearly as often, a tank will last about 10 fillups from empty, and there is no pump or filters to worry about. The only thing that could possible go wrong would be in the controller or the solenoid and it is very unlikely. I would guess that the vacuum/boost line would have a problem first and not tell it to come on before anything else would ever fail on the kit. As for the added expense of the kit, I am sure I will make my money back eventually since it only costs me $1.39 to fill the tank or basically an extra $.01 per gallon of gas used for an equalivent of over 100 octane (guessing around 106-110 octane). The WOW factor is pretty good also.

Another pro-pain question: I understand that pro-pain allows you to raise boost by 7-10 psi. How much horsepower does this equal, rwhp or flywheelhp ? Change in w/b o2 readings due to propane ?

The rule of thumb is generally around 10hp per psi of boost increase at the rear wheels. As for 7-10 more pounds of boost, maybe. I am just guessing but on my car I could only run 14psi without the propane and might eventually get it up to 21psi with the propane all other things being the same (chip), and 21psi would be rather easy with less timing. If I had a bigger turbo I am guessing I might be able to get closer to the 10psi you stated.

As for the O2 readings, since propane is a fuel with roughly the same power per pound or gallon (not sure of the technical term for that) it really won't effect your air/fuel ratios if you inject propane and remove the equal amount of gas. (alcohol requires nearly twice the volume as gasoline for a correct A/F ratio)

Im running propain and I love it!! One of my buddies bought a kit for his car and totaled it a week after I installed it for him.(not his fault, or the propains :D) So he gave me his kit to sell. if your interested email me an offer. I advertised it in the parts for sale forum last week. Oh yeah, it has a bottle warmer too

I already have one. It's going on my s/c Viper but I'm sure you can find a buyer here.

1badtta.....I am going to be using the pro-pain along with a nitrous shot. My starting tune up will be: nos jetted at about 70hp, pro-pane with #93 jets @ 140 psi. Two nozzles (foggers) for the no2 and pro-pain. After I play with that, I will be playing with the pro-pain and more timing/no no2. Or I should say not pulling as much timing out. I have seen a 28 rwhp increase by going from 6 degrees out to 2 degrees out. With a few more lbs. of boost and more timing I might could have my 75 hp without no2.

i have a pro-pain kit. its basicly installed, but i'm waiting on OGS to repair or exchange my command center.

Originally posted by 1TONY1
1badtta.....I am going to be using the pro-pain along with a nitrous shot. My starting tune up will be: nos jetted at about 70hp, pro-pane with #93 jets @ 140 psi. Two nozzles (foggers) for the no2 and pro-pain. After I play with that, I will be playing with the pro-pain and more timing/no no2. Or I should say not pulling as much timing out. I have seen a 28 rwhp increase by going from 6 degrees out to 2 degrees out. With a few more lbs. of boost and more timing I might could have my 75 hp without no2.

I would really suggest that you get the most out of just the propane and then try adding a little NO2 untill you see the most gain with the most timing. I don't know anything about how the Viper is set up with scantools and knock sensors etc. so I can't help with what to look for when tuning other than correct A/F ratio and no detonation. If you have both of those then you probably need more timing or boost or both:D :D

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.