Project mock up.

I fear your oil scavanging system isnt going to be enough and since you are using turbos with carbon seals there going to want to seep.

A.j.

I fear your oil scavanging system isnt going to be enough and since you are using turbos with carbon seals there going to want to seep.

A.j.

What do you suggest? At an idle it seems to work fine but that is at an idle and not up to temp. I actually wanted to do a dump tank below the turbos where the oil would just pass through the turbos and dump into the tank (same concept as in the stock location where the oil dumps directly back into the intake) and then scavange the tank. I didn't really have enough room for this without it being very noticable from behind the car. I could always go to larger drain tubes under the turbos and then scavange from them (same concept really). This is the main reason that I posted this as a project as apposed to waiting till it was a finished project, I wanted you guys to help me figure stuff like this out before I sunk a fortune into it and it turn out wrong....;)

How exactly are you going to run the exhaust, true duals? what are you gonna do about the passenger side header?

And where are you going to get an O2 reading?

Wide band sensors are nice but cant be used with a stock ecm unmodified. I guess you could choose one bank or the other.

If you are going to run a FAST system you could run dual wide band sensors and really tune each side of the motor fairly well.

Just a thought after reading the last post.

Jerry jr.

How exactly are you going to run the exhaust, true duals? what are you gonna do about the passenger side header?

True duals. n/a hooker headers. Only issue I have here is the o2 sensor. I've drilled and installed the o2 sensor on one header. I'm not sure how that will affect things but I hope it can be fixed in the chip or the tune or both.

What do you suggest? At an idle it seems to work fine but that is at an idle and not up to temp. I actually wanted to do a dump tank below the turbos where the oil would just pass through the turbos and dump into the tank (same concept as in the stock location where the oil dumps directly back into the intake) and then scavange the tank. I didn't really have enough room for this without it being very noticable from behind the car. I could always go to larger drain tubes under the turbos and then scavange from them (same concept really). This is the main reason that I posted this as a project as apposed to waiting till it was a finished project, I wanted you guys to help me figure stuff like this out before I sunk a fortune into it and it turn out wrong....;)

exactly what your saying, a type of sump if you will... atleast thats what I think.

what are you using for a pump to remove the waste oil?

A.j.

I like it.

You'll probably be fine with the O2 sensor in one of the headers.

You might want to bump up your stall a bit,a good 2800 or 3000 stall lockup will help you get things moving.

A grainger/RJC style boost control valve will help it spool fast too.

Keep us updated.

My idea...

I was planning the same setup in a 84 Corvette. I have a spare 4.1 with a 86 intake/TB on it. I was going to use two stock 86 turbos. I have some HOOKER V6 header that I was going to use with the exhaust. I was looking to reduce the weight of the front of the car and the rear mounted turbos actually would reduce the need for a intercooler, but I still could use one anyway.

For the WOW factor, how many Corvettes have you seen with a V6 in them?
And to have two turbos rear mounted would be very interesting:biggrin:.
Using the 86 intake allows the stock hood not to get hot. In the HOT AIR configuration, the turbo would be inches from the Fiberglass hood.....:mad:

Update

Ok just a little update on the progress of the TT set up. I'm gathering parts and I think I have everything I need with me or on the way and should be here this week. Just ordered my translator from TT. I had to go with a mushroom type of air filters because the turbos were so close. I got them installed via stock turbo inlet bells from IC cars. I'll probably be re-doing this somewhat because the air cleaners actually touch. I can see this being a slight problem under WOT due to both turbos sucking the same air in such a tight environment. I am going to run a bov just because I think it is a good idea. I am mounting it just below the maf so it will vent to atmosphere before the air reaches the maf. My next obsticle is external waste gates. I'm going to do something a little different with this (like this project isn't fill of "different" all ready;)). I am going to mount a single wastegate on a pipe crossing between the dual exhaust. I have room issues with a dual set up and there is enough room for a single just below the drive shaft as it comes out of the tranny. These pipes are used all the time in dual exhaust set ups to equal out the exhaust pressure so I don't see why a wastegate wouldn't work here. Other than that work going on that is where it is at this point. It will be going to the muffler shop soon for some final pipe work and tie everything together. I'll hopefull have some new pics up soon.

ITS ALIVE!!! Well almost. I got everything buttoned up on the intake side. I also got the translator set and installed. After a quick battery swap It fired right up. It sputtered for a couple seconds and then purred like a kitten. A very loud kitten! The throttle response (in park) is instant. Keep in mind that it is now pulling air from the back of the car. Idle is a little high and I will have to figure that out. I'll be getting the exhaust work done in a week or two. Then we will know if this will actually work. I'll have a few more pics up soon.

That is badass 1dollardog got my heart rate up when u said it's alive and fired up lol Thats one hella of a build can't wait to see some pics a small video clip of ur creation on YouTube would b sweet too:D

A few pics.

Attachments

• gn project 002.jpg
    gn project 002.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 319
  • gn project 005.jpg
    gn project 005.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 321
  • gn project 004.jpg
    gn project 004.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 317
  • gn project 007.jpg
    gn project 007.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 322
more pics. The return pipe is wired up in a few places for now and I'll have to get the muffler shop to hang it properly. Also, new proper clamps coming.

Attachments

• gn project 008.jpg
    gn project 008.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 317
  • gn project 009.jpg
    gn project 009.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 320
  • gn project 011.jpg
    gn project 011.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 325
  • gn project 012.jpg
    gn project 012.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 318
last ones for now. I need to mount the translator and have the wastegate pipe welded in.

Attachments

• gn project 013.jpg
    gn project 013.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 322
  • gn project 014.jpg
    gn project 014.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 318
  • gn project 015.jpg
    gn project 015.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 321
  • gn project 016.jpg
    gn project 016.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 318
I should be having my exhaust work done Thursday so hopefully I'll be on the road by the weekend.....:D

Ok, I buttoned up a few loose ends today. Had the exhaust conected so there is finally hot air passing through the turbos. Had huge amounts of rain and tornado warnings this evening as I was getting it done so I didn't get anything else done. I'll know more tomorrow after I wrap everything and hit the road. Fingers crossed!

Well no new pics this time. The news isn't as great as I would have liked. Exhaust is in and I have everything from the headers to the turbos wrapped. Not enough heat and not enough stall I would presume. 10psi max is all I can squease out of her so far. It doesn't even start building boost till around 3k rpm. Foot breaking it won't break tires loose. It has a 2500 stall in it now. My idle is still high for some reason, around 1250 rpm's. The idle is even and doesn't fluxuate but sounds like it has a big cam or something (it is stock). It is smooth outside of that. The drivability and throttle response is exellent. The throttle actually reacts quicker now (not sluggish) than when it was in stock form, but boost seems almost non existant till rpm's build. I'll be checking for leaks in tubing from turbos to intake. I know I have the slightest exhaust leak at the turbo but I'm sure it isn't enough to loose this much boost. If this set up isn't to be then so be it. You never know till you try, right...