Protecto-plate?

87GNLVR

I've been browsing some older muscle cars and keep seeing "comes with protecto-plate".What exactly does that mean?

Thanks

I've been browsing some older muscle cars and keep seeing "comes with protecto-plate".What exactly does that mean?

Thanks

Usually a metal card, with all the options that came with the vehicle. Size of a credit card. Mopar used them. Phil.

Thanks

I thought it was used for warranty work at the dealer. Kind of like a credit card. found inside of the owners manual.

i think it was just a metal plate that had the info from the trim plate that was riveted to the firewall on older cars, and a few other codes that the dealer could use when it was doing work on the car.. i junked out a lot of late 60's/early 70's GM cars that had one but have never seen one in any car newer than about 72 or so.

Mom's '67 Chevelle 4 door had one. Metal credit card sized plate with stampings in it that was found in the owners manual. Worth a lot to someone restoring a classic car back to like original.

l_363b73919879074b4a1cbd4c90d264b1.jpg