Pt-54 / T-400 / Converter?

TURBOTOMZ

Register Member
I am having a T-400 built and need good street/strip converter?
It has stock 3:42 gears. Looking to leave line with some boost but not be too loose for street, or am i asking for too much. Any experience ideas would be greatful. Thanks

It will have manual valve body and trans brake

A true tight 3200-3400 will be great. That turbo is not that big and should still spool fast.

Louie L. said:
A true tight 3200-3400 will be great. That turbo is not that big and should still spool fast.

Would that be a 10" or a worked 11 ?

What brand has been dependable in your experiences with T-400?

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry about all the questins, 3200-3400 stall speed is that actual stall speed or advertised stall?

Thanks

Ive had good luck with PTS and ATI. I like ATI the best. These are typically 9 inch converters. Unfortunately actual stall and advertised mean different things to different converter makers. I think you need to 1st make a decision on who should get your money 1st and their actual knowledge of TRs.

Louie L. said:
Ive had good luck with PTS and ATI. I like ATI the best. These are typically 9 inch converters. Unfortunately actual stall and advertised mean different things to different converter makers. I think you need to 1st make a decision on who should get your money 1st and their actual knowledge of TRs.
Maybe im not asking question correctly? Do you want to see 3200 on the tach while staging? The reason Im trying to clearify is that I had a 32-3500 but would only foot brake 22-2400 no boost. Trying to get converter correct without wasting money again.

Thanks Again

I have a Dynamic Converter (Frank Lupo) 9" that I used on my stock block engine. Dynamic had the converter set up at a fairly tight 3200-3300 RPM. I could spool a PT-52 easily with this converter.

I sent the converter in for restall for use with T-76 and Stage 2 engine. It now stalls near 5000 RPM on the 2 step and works GREAT!

Dynamic does alot of Turbo Car converters (Mustangs and some GN's). They nailed my setup right away.

Dave

Dave- does dynanmic have a website- im interested in the same only for a 350 trans, i was thinking more along the lines of about 4000 stall for a t-70.

49-blues said:
Dave- does dynanmic have a website- im interested in the same only for a 350 trans, i was thinking more along the lines of about 4000 stall for a t-70.
I am taking a T-350 out and replacing with a T-400. I had a 4000 with a
PT-54, it left great but too loose on top end for a 54.

Do you still have the 4000 converter and how do you think it would respond with a t-70 turbo on the top end ? i maybe interested in the converter for my 350trans.