PTE 6765 Billet Wheel Turbo Has Landed!

I am okay with v band, but as you said, they do not exist. Correct?

so i cannot get a t4 4 bolt v band in a 6765 billet?

Will, two question for you

The hp65 turbine side, is that an option on the exhaust side or is it specific to this turbo?

also what converter are you running? can you explain how you were a little dissapointed with the spool up?

Will, two question for you

The hp65 turbine side, is that an option on the exhaust side or is it specific to this turbo?

also what converter are you running? can you explain how you were a little dissapointed with the spool up?

You can either spec the HP65 or the GTQ wheels. The GTQ is worth slightly more peak HP but the HP65 is the better compromise for street/track use IMO.

I am running a PTC non-locker stalling at about 3200. Now that I have the XFI program coming together, it spools like a mug on the brake!

Let me RETRACT the statement about being disappointed in the spool up - what I meant was that it didn't spool quite as fast as I expected when just rolling into the throttle - it is not lazy by any means - just not what I thought it might be with the .63 a/r housing. Spooling it on the trans brake is another story:eek:

Ahh i think i have finally found where i placed my head. The HP 65 is a .65 A/R and the GTQ is 0.85. Is that correct?

I am thinking about going with the 0.85 for myself. I too want this car to be very streetable, and i am going to run nitrous for assist on my 235".

My old turbo was a t66bb with a 3200 stall, and i thought that sucker came in pretty fast. Hmmmm i guess i can only find out by buying one myself.

Tell me more about the t-brake spooling. Is it fast and viscious or laggy as well.

Personally i would of thought that the billet wheel would have made spooling much quicker due to less weight, but i just don't know yet.

Ahh i think i have finally found where i placed my head. The HP 65 is a .65 A/R and the GTQ is 0.85. Is that correct?

I am thinking about going with the 0.85 for myself. I too want this car to be very streetable, and i am going to run nitrous for assist on my 235".

My old turbo was a t66bb with a 3200 stall, and i thought that sucker came in pretty fast. Hmmmm i guess i can only find out by buying one myself.

Tell me more about the t-brake spooling. Is it fast and viscious or laggy as well.

Personally i would of thought that the billet wheel would have made spooling much quicker due to less weight, but i just don't know yet.

You can get either wheel (HP65 or GTQ) with either housing (.63 or .85). If you want VERY streetable, I would advise against the .85 housing unless you run into a backpressure issue.

No need for NOS assist with this turbo with the correct converter. No offense but there's nothing streetable about NOS - babies suck the bottle.:biggrin:

The key word for these new billet wheels is EFFICIENCY - more CFM with less boost.

You can get either wheel (HP65 or GTQ) with either housing (.63 or .85). If you want VERY streetable, I would advise against the .85 housing unless you run into a backpressure issue.

No need for NOS assist with this turbo with the correct converter. No offense but there's nothing streetable about NOS - babies suck the bottle.:biggrin:

The key word for these new billet wheels is EFFICIENCY - more CFM with less boost.

So aside from all the conservative RWHP numbers this turbo makes what do you PERSONALLY think this turbo makes at say 25 lbs of boost hp65 w/ .63?

So aside from all the conservative RWHP numbers this turbo makes what do you PERSONALLY think this turbo makes at say 25 lbs of boost hp65 w/ .63?

Hard to say until I can get some track time. The smaller exhaust housing will limit the full potential. There is no doubt this is a 9sec turbo with supporting mods.

Will, can you explain the advantages/disadvantages between the hp65 and hpq? and their place in the world? what is the difference between a .63 hp65 and a .63 hpq?

Will, can you explain the advantages/disadvantages between the hp65 and hpq? and their place in the world? what is the difference between a .63 hp65 and a .63 hpq?

One is a 65mm turbine outlet, the other is a 68mm turbine outlet. The larger exhaust wheel allows for a higher top end flow, but also means it takes more energy to spin up(slower spool). The HP65 is more streetable, but the HPQ can make 50-70hp more overall.

Just so you know, the HP65 is the 6765, the HPQ is called the 6768. The second number referring to the turbine exducer.

Ah ha, that helps explian it. Thanks Scorpion T,

Lastly, would my choice of A/R selection be greatly determined by my headers and exhaust. I am running TA 4bolts and a 3.5" downpipe. I also and running a 4" intake, so pressure differential should be very little in my opinion.

I know 3 bolt REALLY restricts you when it comes to top end flow, thus my confusion.

Thanks alot for all your help,

Adrian

There are different A/R sizes for each housing style. If you go with a T4 setup instead of the 3 bolt, you can run .58, .68, .81, and .96 a/r housings. You could also keep your downpipe, but would need to modify it a little to match the turbo V band flange.

With a 4" intake, you can run a T04S compressor cover.

Scorpion T,

I know that running a t4 tangential v band housing is a little overkill with this turbo, seeing as it is a little small in comparison, but would it hurt the performance of the turbocompared to if i rana 3 bolt?

Not really overkill, it helps open things up a little. I always use T4 on Supras, and those are almost a liter smaller. You wont see a huge difference in performance between the T4 and 3 bolt housings until you really start to push the turbo.

Awesome that is what i wanted to hear.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i believe these turbos come with a t3 style 4 bolt and a t4 style 4 bolt. Is the t4 4 bolt a tangential type exhaust or not?

Correct me if i am wrong, but i believe these turbos come with a t3 style 4 bolt and a t4 style 4 bolt. Is the t4 4 bolt a tangential type exhaust or not?

Are you building a street car or a race car? Assuming your combo is the one listed in your signature, I'm not sure you need THIS particular turbo. I've never seen a 67 configured with a T4 on a Buick. If I were going to run a T4 I would step up the turbo to a 70 or larger depending on your goals.

T4 is only available with a V band flange, T3 can be had with 4 bolt, 5 bolt, and V band. All the housings are tangential.

Are you building a street car or a race car? Assuming your combo is the one listed in your signature, I'm not sure you need THIS particular turbo. I've never seen a 67 configured with a T4 on a Buick. If I were going to run a T4 I would step up the turbo to a 70 or larger depending on your goals.

I would say that i am building a car that is verging on un-streetable. It will be driven on the street most of the time, but this car is not being built to go get the kids and pick up groceries: it is being built to strike fear into the hearts of everyone in town.

The reason i am concidering this turbo is that i wanted to get me hands n the new 71 or 74 billet turbos, but they have not been released yet.

That being said, the power output for the new billet 67's is higher than the old hpq 70's thus my reasoning to try them out. I will be upgrading to the new larger turbos once they do come out, but for now...i just do not know.

At the end of the day i need a 9 second car that can play on the street.

Maybe sticking with a 70 turbo might just hold me over for the time being.