PTE 6776 DBB what stall conveter?

Brasco

I just put a 6776 dbb on my car and im woundering what size converter u guys are running? My motor is stock with HD valve springs. Supporting fuel mods pump, reg, injectors tt chip. Having problems with spooling and i think my pats 10" 3200 might be to tight but i was told 2800 to 3200 would be good. Im pulling zero boost to right around 2800 rpm and i cant build more than 4-5 pounds sitting on the converter for a year and a day.. HELP
Thanks Donny

I just put a 6776 dbb on my car and im woundering what size converter u guys are running? My motor is stock with HD valve springs. Supporting fuel mods pump, reg, injectors tt chip. Having problems with spooling and i think my pats 10" 3200 might be to tight but i was told 2800 to 3200 would be good. Im pulling zero boost to right around 2800 rpm and i cant build more than 4-5 pounds sitting on the converter for a year and a day.. HELP
Thanks Donny

Donny,

Did you have a chip burnt specifically for your combination?

The chip was burnt for everything except the new turbo, before i had a t64e but i had the same boost issue then thats why i switched to the ball bearing unit.

This is the same turbo that is on my old T now, with the exception of a ported shroud H cover. The car had a 10" 3000 converter and spool up sucked. I even worked with tuning my TT chip and the RJC boost valve. Both of those tricks really didn't help all that much with this turbo and that converter. They helped some, but not enough.

The car now has a 3200 9.5" converter that the new owner installed and it dramatically helped spool up. I haven't had the chance to bring it up on the converter yet, but I know it helps quiet a bit.

I still stand by my original recommendation from 4 years ago.

9" - 9.5" non lock up or lock up converter that can flash stall to 3400. Even though you have a DBB cartridge, you still have a lot of mass to get moving with the P-trim turbine wheel and cast 67mm compressor wheel. Especially on a stock motor with simple bolt ons. IE: no heads, cam or intake. Larger than stock Dia headers can affect spool up requirements as well.

IMHO, 3200 would be the minimum that you can get away with. I'd start with 3400 if you plan on doing any serious racing with the PT6776R turbo.

Now, I know things will be a lot different with PTE's new billet 6765 dbb turbo. Time will tell with it I'm sure and from all reports, it looks to be a real screamer.
HTH

Patrick

I had a PTC 9.5 at a 3000 stall with that exact same turbo and the car spooled up instantly! I would check ur converter.

PTC 10" 2800 should do the trick. PM Dusty Bradford, he will fix you up.

I'm running a 10" 3200 and I really like it. Mods are in the sig. Spools faster than a TE60 and 9.5 3000 I use to have on it.