PTS Killer Exteme Trans problems=Killer Extreme Fustration

MrScary666

Hello all, I am at about wits end. My whole car building career has been nothing but bad luck lol. On the boards, I found what I believed to be a decent deal on a PTS transmission that was not assembled but in excellent shape with a PTS billet 3400 stall converter. I took the trans to the local 200R4 guru, and he assembled the thing for me. From what I gathered is that the PTS trans is VERY proprietary and is nothing like any 200R4 out there. I get the thing in the car and whammy. It whines like a bitch, (what my old tranny was doing) and under WOT will not shift, it just jerks back and forth. I have the TV cable set to just flexing the bracket, which should be fine, and the fluid is still nice and red. All ihave to say is WTF, I am tired of doing everything 12 times over and am now out of cash. Is there anyone that is familiar with these transmissions? I IM'd Bruce with a few questions and info i wanted to pass along to the builder with no repsonse, circa
June-ish.

maybe ur trans guy isn't so much of a guru after all..... so u got some parts from a PTS and now ur calling it a PTS transmission. if Bruce didn't build it then u don't have a PTS transmission. and since he is no longer in business ur title is completely misleading!

X2 on the shop that assembled it. Does this shop have a reputation of assembling 2004r that work? If not I'd find another place or learn to do the assembly yourself. I too am fundagly challenged so I ordered a copy of the 2004r manual from ckperformance. Worth every penny. You need one if only to be familiar with the 2004r.
If it is whining something wasn't clearanced correctly or a bearing just isn't happy in there.
When does it whine? At idle, accelerating, while coasting?
What was put in for clutches? Converter new? Gone through recently? You did fill it with fluid when it was put in?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Nope its a true pts. Bruce built it for a guy on the boards here and I bought it from him. Every piece is labeled. I was wondering the same thing about being a guru but the guy who rebuilt it was highly recommended. I was just wondering if something needed to be done differently for the pts build.

I do get what your saying now lol bruce was the one who built it it was just refreshed by another guy. So it's technically not a pts anymore. But what my point is that the guy charged me double what it should have cost because he said the Trans was so foreign an

Whines at all times prnd Cruising acceleration and deceleration. haven't really beat on it yeT. do the 10 vane pumps whine?

If it has a bad spring in the over pressure valve it can buzz as it is releasing pressure. Sometimes the spring wears itself out on the pin that holds it in and a piece of the spring falls off. This makes the spring shorter and not have the length to hold the check ball in the seated position.

If it was foreign to him in would have run fast very fast. This is the result for staying

What are the odds of having 2 transmissions with the same whining issues? Did your local guru build your previous trans too?

Non lockup converter. It just seems that something is not right. It shouldn't sound like a gear drive going down the street.

My frustration is not with the pts itself as I believe it's a killer Trans. It's the lack of info on it and the money I have into it. Is there anyone someone could reccomend that would have info avout this Trans or a reputable person in the lower michigan area?

Vince Janis in Akron, Ohio.