pulled intake(was water in valve covers)

WE287GN

Hey Gang, finaly got the intake off in search of a leak..some may remember my posts on finding water in the valve covers

well i used felpro 1000 head gaskets and the felpro 1200 intake gaskets

when i went to pull the inatke after i unbolted it, i was expecting to have to pry it off...
NOPE
i barely touched it and it lifted off the heads with no effort

hmmmm wonder if this was my water prob??but didnt see anything obvious as far as traces of coolant leak,or failed gasket
although i am a green troubleshooter

i am wondering since i am using the 85 block with the comp gaskets if the heads are not being lifted to high and creating a bad mating distance for the intake???hmmmm??

what do you think

i plan on going with the stock 85 turbo gaskets and hopefully i can use the stock 87 valley intake pan

any suggestions?

Thanks
Chris P.

not positive since I have had a few motors apart lately (of different makes) but I believe that the GN head bolts need thread sealer on them. I know I use it with the ARP bolts that I use, and I am pretty sure it is necessary. It would definitly explain water in the valve cover area. Is it a new problem? heads been of lately? It sounds like it, I would look at the head bolts as the cause, where else would it be coming from afterall?

I use the same intake gaskets and my lower intake always just lifts off without any tapping or prying.

Thanks for the reply, that makes me feel a little better on the 1200 intakes ,
i used sealer, but maybe not the right kind
i am still going forward and pulling the headsmaybe i will see something there

thanks
Chris P.