Pump Different for Non LU?

TrboHead

Replacing my old pump with a PTS front pump and it occured to me that there may be a difference between pumps when they are built for a Non LU and Lock Up type converter. I'm running the AC Non LU. It's too late to call the vendor or anyone who cares. I'm trying to stab the tranny in tonight. Anyone?

Larry:confused:

The clutch valveing in the pump is different for the l/u and non-l/u and can be swaped out when the pump is in the car just by droping the pan. If you got it from Bruce and you told him it was for a non-l/u I would think it would be set-up already, if not you'll need to get the correct valveing and install it.

I dont remember you saying that and do not install if this is the case. Yes they are different and will not work. Better get in touch....

Poor choice of words, Larry. Trust me here.. Bruce cares..:)

Originally posted by TrboHead
It's too late to call the vendor or anyone who cares. I'm trying to stab the tranny in tonight. Anyone?

Larry:confused:

Thanks Bruce. I'm asking this question because I purchased this pump at Bowling Green from Southeast Turbo. I was told it had a complete .570 PR valve in it but did not. No problem, I had one of your .570's so I replaced it. I was also told it would work with my 9 inch Non lock up converter. Well...I just want to be sure that is the case.

I Care.... heheheh

I WANT TO TALK WITH YOU , NOW!!!!!!

ASAP!!!!

916- 681-5701 ASAP!!!!!!
if no one there 916-952-9567

And just so you know.... This , I am NOT happy with. :(
I will remedy
any problems, hell I will do it today if you get back to me in time...:D

FlyinGN - Sorry for the poor choice of words and in no way I was saying Bruce or anyone did not care. He does care and went way above the call of duty to remedy my concerns. Who in this business would have an after hours hot line. I have learned so much from this guy. It was one of those late night thrashings that we all get into that put me into a bad mood.

Bruce - I did exactly what you said and changed out the LU valve in the pump to a Transgo Non LU valve so everything is ok. Pressures look very good now with the PTS pump and the tranny feels real strong with solid shifts even with a 9 inch converter. Awsome pump! I'll call you Monday to give you all the details.

Again, Thanks!!!

BTW - I have other problems now and it's not the tranny.