Push rod length?

mikewest_08

Trying to fix a ticking problem I have on my 4.1. Everyone is telling me to check the push rob length. So my question is does anyone know the length the pushrods should be for a 4.1 with hydraulic lifters, stock rockers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no right answer for that. Too many variables. You'll have to measure and from my own experience, put a straight edge on the valve tips. Depending on the valve job, some valves may be deeper in the seat than others. Since you have stock rockers, you have no adjustability.

I pulled the left cover off and the very back rod has play? I moved the rod to a different spot same thing on the back corner.

I just had a shop build the motor and I started it up and the noise is there. I would go back to them but I moved out of state

Pull the rockers on that side and measure the lift on the pushrods. Even if the lifter is collapsed, you can still check the total lift and compare it to the others. If it's less than the others, it may have a rounded cam lobe. Proper break in and lubrication is critical on a flat tappet cam when it's new.

Trying to fix a ticking problem I have on my 4.1. Everyone is telling me to check the push rob length. So my question is does anyone know the length the pushrods should be for a 4.1 with hydraulic lifters, stock rockers?

Did you know that 4.1 blocks are .025" taller than 109 3.8's?