You can type here any text you want

Pushrod order

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cimi4749

Guys I screwed up the order of the pushrods when removing my drivers side head. What do you recommend I do on reassembly?

Thanks
Joe

Some guys absolutly swear all push rods should back exactly where they came out. Others say it doesnt matter in the least if you mix them up. Personally i would buy new ones because they really arent to exspensive, but thats my typical answer, when in doubt buy a new one.

Not a bad idea. At the least, check them to be sure their straight by rolling them on a flat surface.

If they are not bent I wouldn't worry about it. Flat tappet lifters mixed up would be a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as they aren't bent or nicked I would run them.

Why you're down that far I would HIGHLY recommend replacing the rocker buttons. If you lose one of those while driving you will end up making a pushrod order. And possibly a tow truck order.

GM used 3 different length pushrods in these engines. If you valve stems are all the same height(use a straight edge) measure and use one size. If they are not equal or close have fun will take more than 1 length of pushrod to get it right.

Back