Put your money where your DP is

cwmccray said:
Just to add my .02
I have one of the twelve 0 to 60 3 inch pipes(2 piece) and BGC headers/uppipe (Poston). I always wanted one of those LT (Leeo /Big Daddy) pipes. Unfornuately for me, I lost my JOB and could not justify the expense to my family. I am converting my car to intercooler... but in Hot Air configuration. I have my 87 intake set up and I currently have the 2 1/2 ATR pipe and the 3 inch 0 to 60 pipe. I would love to get a Mease pipe or a Weavy 3 inche. The biggest hurdle is the start up cost. If Brian did let say 20 3 inch pipes. He would sell them all... It is just WHEN!!! There is a market.

Just a suggestion, maybe build a 2pc pipe 3in in stock location. Everyone knows that a 3 inch will get a Hot Air moving. I like my 2pc because I can remove the upper section and do things without the downpipe in the way (Thanks, Leeo.... must give credit!). I will get a Mease style someday if I do not make my own to fit my 0 to 60...
Just my .02

That looks like the same dp i have. Fits great.

85 ttypewh1 said:
That looks like the same dp i have. Fits great.

0 to 60 made 12 three inch downpipes for Hot Air cars. All fit great. This could be a low cost alternative. I wll get this pipe done in stainless steel.

Down pipes

We recieved 1 pipe so far & not very easy to work with.It was appreciated but the bends were cut & bad bends welded to it. If there is no intrest let me know.

Hi Brian, sent back the thermostat you should have it back by the end of the week, been on the road every week this month, in Portland Or. this week.

That pipe is probably Cool84's, I hate to say this but it's looking like all the negative feedback is true. I really wanted to see this happen but not at your expense. If they're not going to follow through with the promised demo pipe's then I don't see them following through on buying the finished product. Shame too because I know there are several of us who are very commited to this project.

T

I haven't sent mine yet. Sorry, I've been job hunting in Vegas for this last week. I want to get it welded first. I have a section that is coupled with a band clamp. If I try and remove it I'm afraid it will shift and then it's no good for using as a template. I will get it soon. I'm very sorry guys, I lost my job right before this thread and I went from nearly 100K a year to barely making my car payment this month. I will get it to Bweavy soon.

If the 3 inch downpipe is built I will buy it right away. This would be the final modification to my car. Otherwise I will stay with my 2 1/2 downpipe. Brad

Any progress?

Just checking in to see if this is still gonna happen. Really hate to see this fall apart. Would prepaying make this happen?

Has anyone ever fabricated there own DP? Looks like they do it all the time on OCC for motorcycle pipes, must be real simple huh? ;)

I wasnt able to use my computer, it's been while

I currently have a new job so that's why I havent been posting anything lately.

I havent sent mine because I need to know for sure if it's worth the investment, having in mind that I would have to ship it from Puerto Rico and it could mean a somewhat big investment or a big loss if the DP's are never made.

If the project is still alive and the idea is still possible, I'm here.

Well after watching this since the start, I was hoping to have a JOB!! by now so I could say YES I want one! But no job yet. ((*^%^%%$$%
Tom you have helped me on my car and you know I'm staying hot-air!! I couldn't sleep well knowing that this pipe was out there and it would complete my set-up. So for what it's worth, when and if I ever get a real job again "I'll own one of these" just not yet. BUT the fishing has been very good ;)
Mart Urbanski

BRAD_PADGETT said:
Build a 3 inch downpipe and I will buy it. We need a model. My 2 cents. Brad

I'll still send mine but I'm not in town, trying to get back on my feet. I've been jobless for a few months now and it's getting a little tight.

Just to get this back on the table. I had sent my DP to Brian about a month ago. He has been working with it but it is not the best pipe to try and model after. The pipe has already been cut and welded several times, he needs another pipe that has been un-molested to get it right. Not sure if any of you are still interested, but if you are, would someone please send there pipe to Brian so he can make this happen. Thanks in advance.

Eric

eman035 said:
Just to get this back on the table. I had sent my DP to Brian about a month ago. He has been working with it but it is not the best pipe to try and model after. The pipe has already been cut and welded several times, he needs another pipe that has been un-molested to get it right. Not sure if any of you are still interested, but if you are, would someone please send there pipe to Brian so he can make this happen. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Who's 3inch do you have that was cut up? I have a 0 to 60 that was posted earlier in the post.

I believe it is an old mease pipe. 3", two piece, integrated wastegate. Been hacked up pretty bad, but better than having nothing.

Every time a post for a 3 inch downpipe comes up, people post they want one, but when they realize the price is about 500 bucks they crap their pants and run screaming. No one wants to pay 500 bucks for a pipe. But when the market is small, what do you expect?

These people putting effort out to make these pipes, good for you guys, its a noble cause, but it could be for naught. You have to seriously consider selling only 5 to 20 units. Hot air cars are rare; it may seem like there is a lot of hotair enthusiasts, but im guessing half of them wouldnt be interested in a product like this. It will be too much money and not worth the effort for them, theyd rather just buy an 86-87 GN or similar.

I myself think 500 bucks for a pipe is absurd. I understand the time, effort and cost of this project, but still, 500 bucks is too much for me for one pipe. $350? maybe...

On the other hand, for people who dont mind coughing up the cash, you'll make those select few very happy people. Its a toss up really. Good luck to all of you involved in this endeavor.

I hear ya, And when I look at how little room there is with just the stock downpipe, I get really skeptical about a 3 incher being a direct fit with no cutting slicing involved. But, I'm willing to go for it, even if it does break the bank. No doubt that when I'm through with all my mods some day, I'll be glad I spent the money to have a pipe that big that can get all that air out of the turbo faster.

downpipe $

I'd be in for a 3' dp if the piece could be had for the $350. price point. I think we need to take a serious(casH up front) poll, see what the quantity is & see if Brian can do the job. Have Brian hold the $ & if it doesn't happen...partial refund & future purchase at G Body

According to espperformance.com, they sell 84/85 3 inch downpipes...? For 185 bucks?? Anyone know anything about these??