Pypes Exhaust/Muffler Info Request...

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Does anyone have any feedback on the 2.5" Pypes dual exhaust system with the Race-Pro mufflers?

Is it loud? Does it drone?

My car has the OEM exhaust under it right now. The cat-can was changed sometime in the past & now has a universal cat-can scabbed in there. I'm assuming that the original mufflers are still in place, but I don't really know. The car has a bad drone at around 35 MPH.

Thanks.

They are pretty quiet, little to no drone at any speed on one of my cars..

^^^^^^
I had the Street pro system, heard it was a poor choice,. Called Pypes........His response "DO NOT use that muff on a TR. The drone will drive you nutz".
Took the system back to Summit, got the Race system...Sounds great! THANKS!, John!
This system replaced the 3" ATR single....That was a total disaster for a system. Came so close to the fuel tank, it cooked the rubber tank insulator strap, droned so bad, a wide open stereo wouldn't help!(n)

I have an ATR system on another car and a Magna-flow on the 3rd car, both are louder then the pypes, but all 3 scream at wot...and all different sounds too..i will add the pypes was half the price of the magnaflow system.

Here is the Magnaflow sound both inside & out.

It has a tone while cruising (no cat) but hell. I am 50 ~ not dead. I like some tone.

Car sounds good but something sounds off when it shifts to second. Sorry to get off topic.

I am going to do a couple more videos of other hot cars that I have in the garage Vs the GN. I will keep 'em comin.

Just installed mine 10 days ago. Got mine from Kirban's. Easy install with a floor jack and 2 jack stands. Perfect fit. A lot quieter than my 3" with Flowmaster 50s, obviously. Nice sound. Some drone on mine. Wish I had made the change earlier.

Does anyone have any feedback on the 2.5" Pypes dual exhaust system with the Race-Pro mufflers?

Is it loud? Does it drone?

My car has the OEM exhaust under it right now. The cat-can was changed sometime in the past & now has a universal cat-can scabbed in there. I'm assuming that the original mufflers are still in place, but I don't really know. The car has a bad drone at around 35 MPH.

Thanks.
The original was a single muffler so if you have two then it was changed at some time.

I have that same system. No cat. I love it! slight drone at 73-76 but it doesn't bother me