Question about GN spoiler

Turbotype

Village Idiot
Im looking at a Turbo T 4 sale. One of the previous owners put a GN spoiler on it . Needless to say, if I bought the car, it must go. What attaches the spoiler to the trunk and tops of the quarters? Does it bolt on, or did they glue/sticktape it on? The spoiler appears to be OEM equipment, possibly dealer installed, and not aftermarket, if that helps.

You might want to leave it; they drill three or four holes in the trunk so the studs can pass through to mount it.
As for the end pieces I forget how they are attached.

Hi,
I personally find the stock spoilers to be attractive and very understated. This is a 5 piece setup, with the corner pieces drilled for their spoiler counterparts. I would make sure it's not stock before I removed it.

From the WH1 Registry. ;)

" WH1 Buick Regals, also refered to as the "Designer Package", were offered on any T-Type Regal from 1984 to 1986. The WH1 package includes Black/Silver/Black paint and a rear deck spoiler. "

My WH1 is at my dealership but I believe it has the spoiler. Not sure about the WE4's though.

Many T's had them installed at the dealer, my dad had many customers request that. Also had a request to paint a brand new GN red:eek:

well never had a WH1.. had limiteds, T's and WE4s and of course GNs ... never liked the paint on the WH1s so never looked at them ..

Im looking at a Turbo T 4 sale. One of the previous owners put a GN spoiler on it . Needless to say, if I bought the car, it must go. What attaches the spoiler to the trunk and tops of the quarters? Does it bolt on, or did they glue/sticktape it on? The spoiler appears to be OEM equipment, possibly dealer installed, and not aftermarket, if that helps.

Leaving a factory GN spoiler on a Turbo T is not going to hurt the value of your car. Removing it and filling the holes and repainting well, that's another story. Lots of guys, including myself, add them to their T's and T Types.

Hi,
I put the donor 87's main spoiler on my 83, haven't got around to the end pieces yet. I guess that looks pretty mickey mouse, but I have grown accustomed to it.Hey, give me time;it's only been 8 years I've been puttering on this thing...