Question about inflating and deflating the spare tire

cottonpicker14

I have been lucky so far and never got a flat with the TTA. I checked my spare and canister. I assume the canister is useless to inflate the spare after these years.
My question is, once the spare is inflated and used, can you deflate it back to the original size so it fits back in the compartment, or do you have to buy a new spare. If you the answer is it cant be deflated back to the original size, do they still make that type of deflated tire ?
Many thanks

I had to use mine many years ago for a couple of miles and it did deflate properly and I could store it back in the TTA again ... not used it since.

Thanks Jan. Do you remember if you used the canister to inflate it ?
Anyone know if you can buy a similar canister that is either factory or aftermarket ? Would hate to get a flat and find that the canister wont inflate the tire.

I inflated mine at a gas station so did not use the canister ... seemed like it took good pressure to get it to "pop" into shape ... GM used those canisters on a number of cars if I remember correct so they might still carry them or a similar looking canister?

Had to use my GTA's spare once, and yeah, the canister is pretty useless. Hoofed it to a gas station, filled the spare and hoofed back. Not a fun day, and the replacement tire cost 150-plus.

On a somewhat related note, the spare in my TTA doesn't fit over the front brake caliper... No clue what happened to the original...

The canister is just CO2, take it to a fire extinguisher retailer and they can check it out and or fill it. Filled up one in my DT500's after getting a flat.

If you get a flat, it's almost a good thing to just call a roll back. I keep a list of phone numbers of roll backs in the area I drive and play in just in case.