Question about transmission rebuild

wildcard

Gbody Finatic
Noticed a skip every once in a while on the hwy and a nasty smell "if" I jump into the trottle. I've decided its time to put some new clutches in it. The car runs and drives fine for now, but I'm sure that those clutches are going to start protesting one of these days. I'd like to change them myself as they don't apprear to be that complicated, but wanted to know what kind of tools I would need to change the clutches out. I'm also looking for clutches that are fairly streetable and can handle an occasional hot flash since I live in Vegas and the summers are blistering. I've recently added a 160 thermostadt and dual cooling fan set up to help with the cooling part.

A skip & a nasty smell?
Does the Trans shift correctly, no slippage?

As for heat control I recommend an Auxillary Trans cooler mounted in front of the Rad.

Replacing the clutches is easy. It's making sure everything is correct and working that makes it "hard" if you are just starting out. :)

The lip seals can be confusing, dual feeding directs, adding extra clutches and then dealing with the extra room they take up, etc isnt for the novice send it off to Extreme Automatic and be done.