Question

Lou come out to Lakeway( Austin ) and we can hang out on the house boat. :D BTW, you could make alot more money working on boats than TRs, however it never hurts to have another TR mechanic around :cool:

166075_l.jpg

Then we can go look at your new house :
117300_l.jpg

Hell I'll even let you drive the the White T with the E-85 in it and we could dig around the trunk to see if we can find all of your old Playboys that Harold said you lost ;) :biggrin: Then I'll see if I can get you in the Lakeway Spa and Resort for a refreshing mud bath .. nuff said

Arlington is good except for the corrupt mayor (Jerry Jones buddy), police,and city councel, sky high property taxes so the corrupt city officials can pad their pockets, ludricous ordanances, Licenses for everything from a dog to the grass in your yard. Other than that its okay.

Happy Resident

But Mitch, Arlington has about $100 Million of stimulus money coming their way. That will fix things.

Grapevine is a good choice as are 4 or 5 other Metroplex suburbs. Home prices are unbelievably cheap for californians... until you factor in the property tax.

Thanks BSDLINX & UNGN but Arlington we already have here,thank you very much,Our governor isn't a crook but stupid with no balls to stand up to the sacramento whacko's,Next I still have all my old playboys & hotrod magazines & trying to decide whom I shall leave them to in the event of my demise. Now as for the legendary Harold he has found religion, behaving & under control,He would be many thousands richer had he not pulled on the tigers tail here. His car is finally running good now & hes off to new pastures & surely enriching their lives,. He visits me occasionally & we share tender moments as I have rendered him limited forgiveness, but under strict probation. Sorry to get off point , Lou

Haven't you guys heard the news :confused: The borders have been closed due to to many illegals crossing over! The USTX military has been stationed along the Rio Grande, Red River and the gulf coast (just in case they come by boat around Mexico) and they have orders to shoot first and ask questions later.
Just last night on the Texas State news there was a break through at the Red River border on I35, several illegals got through from Okieland. The state is on high red alert!
If you see these people please do not approach them, they are considered dangerous probably looking to buy a home to try and blend in. Call your local USTX military ASAP!

Haven't you guys heard the news :confused: The borders have been closed due to to many illegals crossing over! The USTX military has been stationed along the Rio Grande, Red River and the gulf coast (just in case they come by boat around Mexico) and they have orders to shoot first and ask questions later.
Just last night on the Texas State news there was a break through at the Red River border on I35, several illegals got through from Okieland. The state is on high red alert!
If you see these people please do not approach them, they are considered dangerous probably looking to buy a home to try and blend in. Call your local USTX military ASAP!

Well just send them over here, They are considered an endangered species that are protected by the democratic party & a guaranteed source of votes.

Lou, you will never leave the SW section, we will FIND YOU !!!!! WHEREVER YOU GO!!!:eek: :eek: :confused: :D

traitor.

Lou, you will never leave the SW section, we will FIND YOU !!!!! WHEREVER YOU GO!!!:eek: :eek: :confused: :D

traitor.

Shut up stupid ! Sorry people for the intrusion. Yet another example that gives the southwest a bad name & for I wanting to flee .

Move to Texas

Lou,

I'm goint to pitch a couple of other areas not yet mentioned. Texas Panhandle (Amarillo or Lubbock) flat and no trees - but low cost of living low about $72 to $74 sq foot will buy a 2,200 sq ft with trip garage I sold 2,700 sq foot on one acre with 5 car for 189k to move to east tx last year. Amarillo Dragway is a super 1/4 track been around since 1960's hosted TX vs Calif Top Fuel shootout for years and you are about 6 hrs for Bandimer in Colorado and 4 hours from Pueblo Co. with great 1/4 track Lots of GN's and T-T in Amarillo area - Free Saturday night cruize 1st Sat of each month draws 75 to 200 cars depending on weather pop less tha 200k

Second area Midland-Odessa semi arid flat and dry very little wind cost of living slightly higher than Panhandle - great little track in Odessa - runs almost every weekend and you are 2 hours from Lubbock (Tech Red Raiders) and another nice 1/4 track with decent payouts during the summer

Something else to remember the 86 & 87's are almost 25 years old - in texas once car is twenty five you can find plate from 86 or 87 and put on the car and register as antique for about $50-$60 for five years - no longer have to mess with state inspection in any county or emmissions (in smaller counties) I run these on both my 65 year model cars and have never had a problem - it just is a little complicated the first time you apply after that you renew every five years

Good Luck with your relocation

Lou,

I'm goint to pitch a couple of other areas not yet mentioned. Texas Panhandle (Amarillo or Lubbock) flat and no trees - but low cost of living low about $72 to $74 sq foot will buy a 2,200 sq ft with trip garage I sold 2,700 sq foot on one acre with 5 car for 189k to move to east tx last year. Amarillo Dragway is a super 1/4 track been around since 1960's hosted TX vs Calif Top Fuel shootout for years and you are about 6 hrs for Bandimer in Colorado and 4 hours from Pueblo Co. with great 1/4 track Lots of GN's and T-T in Amarillo area - Free Saturday night cruize 1st Sat of each month draws 75 to 200 cars depending on weather pop less tha 200k

Second area Midland-Odessa semi arid flat and dry very little wind cost of living slightly higher than Panhandle - great little track in Odessa - runs almost every weekend and you are 2 hours from Lubbock (Tech Red Raiders) and another nice 1/4 track with decent payouts during the summer

Something else to remember the 86 & 87's are almost 25 years old - in texas once car is twenty five you can find plate from 86 or 87 and put on the car and register as antique for about $50-$60 for five years - no longer have to mess with state inspection in any county or emmissions (in smaller counties) I run these on both my 65 year model cars and have never had a problem - it just is a little complicated the first time you apply after that you renew every five years

Good Luck with your relocation

Thanks but I have crossed the pan handle many times on cross country trips even back when it was called route 66 & that wouldn't be for me.Traveling north scenery didn,t really get interesting till Missouri or Oklahoma. So far from what I'm learning here the Austin area sounds nice.

Thanks but I have crossed the pan handle many times on cross country trips even back when it was called route 66 & that wouldn't be for me.Traveling north scenery didn,t really get interesting till Missouri or Oklahoma. So far from what I'm learning here the Austin area sounds nice.

Lou,

Austin is nice but understand its a baby San Francisco in alot of ways.

If you do come leave that MeanChicken guy there cuz I'd have to get the GN out of garage and whoop his ass with it if he shows up around here. He has it coming you know......;)

Lou,

Austin is nice but understand its a baby San Francisco in alot of ways.

If you do come leave that MeanChicken guy there cuz I'd have to get the GN out of garage and whoop his ass with it if he shows up around here. He has it coming you know......;)

bsdinux I wish some one would clip his wings. Gives Buick a bad name around here. total a-hole & out of control.

I'm only a phone call away. Any questions & if I can help let me know.

Lou is a short and sweet phone guy who will tell you someone is on the other line if he's bored with you. Trust me, I know, he does it to me every day. Then I cry a lot.