Questions and problems with new Pioneer head unit

BlackOut89

OK, i just got a new head unit, a Pioneer DEH-45DH 1.5 den. After i took out my old one i realized that i could not use the brakets that were on that old head unit, so my brother lent me some brakets that came from his 88 lesabre, these fit better but do not line up to the four screw holes.

-So my question is, Do i need to use stock regal brakets or get custome brakets?

-My problem: After hooking up the head unit it worked great and after a day or so it started to act funney, it would turn on and off and now its completely off. I took it out and cheked my ground and power lead connection and those are fine so i dont know what the problem is..Any help?

Well there is not fuse in the back of this head unit. My old one had one but this new one does not. And ill check the fuse in the fuse block but I'm pretty sure if that was blown the my power locks would not work.

I got up this morning and tried turning in on and it did for about ten seconds then went off again. :(

A DEH-45 is an old headunit, at least 6 years...Are you sure it's good? They also have a healthy power consumption on the hot lead. I think it was orange back then...the newer Pioneer's are the standard yellow for constant, and red for switched. The domelight,lighter and the radios constant are all on the same circuit, so are they working? If not, you've got a blown dome fuse. The switched lead is yellow in GM's,and it only is for radio in the fuse box, as far as I know. You should've been able to reuses ther brackets from your factory radio. That's the beauty of the pioneers. If they are missing, I'd try to get a replacement set. Good luck.