Quick change Head Gasket

1badTTA

Resident Smart A$$
Anybody ever change a pass side head gasket in as little time as possible? How long did it take? any short cuts?

Changed the oil (6 quarts of mobil 1 and mobil 1 filter, about $40) last night and also the lines on the wastegate "Y", took it for a ride and made it 3 miles and it overboosted and blew the hell out of the head gasket and dumped coolant into the oil, guess I cant run 25 psi on pump gas huh? Oh well, guess I need to get to work on it and get the gasket changed so I can get to work tomorrow.

Damm...thats two head gaskets in one week.This stuff comes in threes so I aint driving my car until somebody elses lets go.

Do check you bearings.Really.

Antifreeze and engine bearings do not mix.. I run my car on straight distilled and anti-rust just in case.

But you guys up north dont have that luxury.

If you didnt run it that long it will probably be fine.If you drove it for xx miles...then?????

Good luck and keep us posted on your results.

Finally,head bolts have to be replaced also.Theyre TTY type.

Julio

I will have to post my gasket collection, I have a left side with the #3 blown clear into the valley and a right side with #4 &#6 blown clear into the valley, about a 2" gap on all 3 failed cylinders. I hate overboosting problems!!!!