Quick Confirmation - Fuel Pump Wiring for Good Ground

It's not that. It's running rough because it's getting no MAF input to the ECM from the GEN II. I discovered today that that's because the ground wire to the MAF, which splits and goes on to the GEN II to supply its ground, is no longer grounded. Don't know what to do now to track that down, but that's what's happening.

Bob Bailey (who developed & sells the Scanmaster & GEN II Translator, for those who don't know) informed me that the stock MAF ground wire to the passenger side of the intake manifold. So, it's okay to just splice in another ground, which I did. And great news...IT WORKED! GEN II powered up, it's running smooth, volts are back to normal, and codes are gone.

I can only surmise that the WOT run was only responsible for antagonizing the old ground wire to come loose, stretch or something to lose good contact. And...that adding the 10-gauge ground wire to the fuel pump ground/alternator housing minutes before was totally unrelated. So, I'll be reconnecting it.

Now, I can focus again on the installation of my 80#ers. TT chip due to arrive on Wednesday for them.