quick question

Buick Old's Pontiac (BOP) bolt pattern for how the trans bolts up to the block.

I'm not sure what it would have to do with the rear main but the bolt pattern for a Chev. 350 is going to be different I think.

balls so i would have to get a th350 from a chevy and put it on my 82 you wouldn't happen to know if the stock trans crossmember would work or would i have to get one from a chevy

balls so i would have to get a th350 from a chevy and put it on my 82 you wouldn't happen to know if the stock trans crossmember would work or would i have to get one from a chevy

It depends on which trans your car had as to wether the TH350 will work.
If it had a TH2004R trans the crossmember is different for the TH350.
A G-body that has a TH200, TH200C, TH350, TH350C crossmembers will work.
Most TH2004R's had the UniBell housing which fits BOP & Chevy.
Some TH350's had the UniBell housing but, they're rare.

Yeah you need a chevy case (or go to a 200-4R with a dual pattern) and a TH350 cross member. There are two sets of mounting pads on the driver side on G-bodies from about 81 up. The TH350 uses forward one of the two. The 200-4R uses a different crossmember and mounts on the rear pad on the frame.

cool what transmission would you guys recommend that can take some serious abuse

What performance level do you consider serious abuse? When you say take some serious abuse i assume money is not an issue.

something for street something i can dog the S$*! out off my 82 is t-tops so i really dont wanna get to crazy with it and have to but in a roll cage the motor is going to be a 383 maybe twin turbo depands on what i decide. See its going to be mainly for show. i know people are going to get mad when i say this but i think ima put some 22's or 24's on it i got a 10in lift for it so they should fit good.