race chip

ecmo92

What kind of results are seen when going with a race chip? Im just wondering if I should get one now or just wait until I get the Alky kit and get one then.
I sure would like to hit 11's this year!:p :cool:

I don`t think the alky kit is needed when you get a race chip. That kinda defeats the purpose of having a race chip. Its to my understanding that the alky kits are for running the same type of boost you that you may with a race chip. Only difference is that your not running the race gas(high octane). A race chip gives you more timing = more power, as long as you don`t have knock. Then again, thats where the alky comes in. My own personal experience, I`ve always liked a race chip run with the proper gas versus the alky kit. I think you will get better results as long as you got your tune-up on the money. Regardless, I`ve used many chips...but this guy builds the best...Eric @ TurboTweak.com.

An alky. chip is an alky. chip and a race chip is a race chip.

Some use lower boost and race chips with alky. inj. usually they have more timing in them.

I suggest getting a 100 chip or alky. chip now and running some Sunoco GT100 unleaded straight not mixed if you want to try the chip before the kit shows up.

11's is prolly easier with a full out race chip and good race fuel than with alky.

Eric Marshall at turbotweak makes a good alky. chip. My car with the Bosch injectors 42's has 23* timing and is made for 23 psi. boost. :)

Thank you. Salvage! That makes it a little clearer. I think I'll try the 100 chip. Now, that will work on 93 octane as long as I keep the boost down, wont it? I mean regarding street driving. Or should I just change chips, track to the street?