Radiator & Heater Hoses - Getting Serious Now.

Would You Buy a Set of Hoses if Available?, PLEASE VOTE

• Yes

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

84GNGary

Long Time Owner
Alright http://carmotorsports.com/ e mailed me back stating that they would most definately be interested in producing theses hoses for us.

So far we need the top radiator hose, and both heater hoses by the firewall. There are also two hoses that are by the water pump that go to the heater pipes on the left side of the engine. One is "S" shaped and one is "L" shaped are these two still available or do we need them also? Our bottom rad hose is the same as the 86/87 so there should be plenty of them around still. POST YOUR RESPONSE PLEASE.

They would like to get a rough count on how many would be interested because they do have a minimum order amount. They produced a complete set of hoses for 89 TTA's and are selling them for $150 w/ free shipping. If you read about it they are selling them now at 1992 GM prices, check it out. If they did this for the 1500 89 TTA's we should not have a problem with the 9000 TR's they made in 84/85 as I see it.

I am asking you just to answer YES or NO on another poll. Out of almost 300 views on the last thread there were only 14 responses to the poll. It is now up to you guys, I am trying. I am going to post this on the other boards so only vote once please.

It may be GREAT to vote either way. This way, Gary will know. :biggrin:
My vote is "Yes".

I would buy the heater and waterpump hoses for sure. I don't need the upper radiator hose but if they were sold as a set I would get it. I have a hard time making it look neat at the firewall and keeping the hoses away from the turbo.

AC Delco and others still offer the L & S shaped by pass hoses. The Delco parts #'s are 14207S & 14208S.

Unless there is another way of getting the word out to other 84/85 owners this is not going to happen. If we can get at least 100 people seriously interested in these they will make a full set of hoses and be sold at a reasonable cost. If not I am going to give up pursuing this.