Radio options?

Here's the installation I did in my GN...using a cd player from a '92 Buick Roadmaster (I think...) and the correct GM harness adapter...looks factory! ;)

Claude :)

P.S:...don't pay attention to the white wire running down...it's not used anymore and has since been removed (was for a Scanmaster...)

I want one of those :D Is the radio face on that one black or dark grey?

i wanted to keep the Infinity 7 channel surround sound system that was in my 94 Chrysler LHS. the head unit is the same 1/5 DIN as the GM stuff, but brackets might need to be made and wires run all over the car- the system uses a rather powerful (500 watss total, i think) amp that is mounted in the trunk.
but it just sounded beautiful for a factory system.
of course, it did have a lot of speakers- 6X9's in the rear deck with dual voice coils (low and high), 6" round speakers in the front doors, 4" speakers in the dash, and a small center channel mounted in the middle of the dash.

I had a 94' LHS. It did have a pretty sweet factory setup.

I have the Pioneer DEH-P47DH model radio and it fills the opening in well. Also has good sound to it, better than any factory radio I've ever encountered.

Alpine also made a 1.5 din radio as well. CDA-D855 and an 853 perhaps? Jensen and Audiovox also made them as a CD and Cassette version. I think they had an aux input for an IPOD or MP3 too. No factory GM CD players will just plug in as they didn't offer a CD til about 1989 which is when the newer 21-pin harnesses and small antenna jacks came out. But you can buy a retrofit kit at any GM dealer, or buy a metra harness# 70-1677-1 and 71-1858 and just hook them together. All the colors are the same so it's pretty idiot proof. No wires in your car will need to be altered. You'll also need#40-GM21 antenna adapter. Some of the FWD (89-94?)oldsmobile cutlass' had CD players with no knobs that would look really badass if you had a car with digital climate control. They even came in high gloss and have an EQ. Goodluck with your search.