Raleigh NC. Car shows, racing ?

I can also intoduce you to the used car people here at work, I've seen them wholesale some pretty good stuff out of here.

The Capital auto auction I mentioned before is mostly new car trade in's. The Leith dealership that run that outfit pull from about 20 of there own dealerships as well as other dealers that use there facilities. Last time I was there they had 5 lanes running constantly. Although I have not been to that many auctions that looked pretty busy to me. A friend of a friend who I go up there with sometimes has a New York liscense as well that he uses there.

kh440 said:
I can also intoduce you to the used car people here at work, I've seen them wholesale some pretty good stuff out of here.

where do you work ?

that would be great. Thanks for the help

Fasstcars said:
The Capital auto auction I mentioned before is mostly new car trade in's. The Leith dealership that run that outfit pull from about 20 of there own dealerships as well as other dealers that use there facilities. Last time I was there they had 5 lanes running constantly. Although I have not been to that many auctions that looked pretty busy to me. A friend of a friend who I go up there with sometimes has a New York liscense as well that he uses there.

Maybe we can hook up. I will also use my NY license until I get mine there. I'm assuming it's a dealer only auction,correct ? I don't want to go to a public auction.

Again, thanks for all the help guys...

Yes the auctions I mentioned are all dealer auctions. If you want to meet up when you come into town let me know. I can point you in the direction of these places or come along if my schedule is open. Also if you have an idea of what type of house you will be looking for I can point you to some areas to look in Raleigh.

Fasstcars said:
Yes the auctions I mentioned are all dealer auctions. If you want to meet up when you come into town let me know. I can point you in the direction of these places or come along if my schedule is open. Also if you have an idea of what type of house you will be looking for I can point you to some areas to look in Raleigh.

I was at Brier Creek last year and was thinking of looking there. Do you know anything about that area ? (yes, I play Golf).

Thanks again

Brier creek is a nice area but the airport is pretty close. There is a large amount of golf in the area.

CKBuick said:
Brier creek is a nice area but the airport is pretty close. There is a large amount of golf in the area.

Are you saying that there is Airport noise in that area ?

Anything else like it you could send me to ?

Thanks

CKBuick said:
I would suspect there would be some noise,are you looking for houses or apartments.

My plan as of now is to come down and buy a small house. When my house in New York sells I will then buy my permanent home in the area(hopefully I will have a much better idea where that is a few months after being there). I will keep the first home as a renatl property.

Thanks

the dealership where I am wasting away is a multi-line (GM and highline imports) Hendrick franchise. As far as real estate, I would look in the outlying areas of Raleigh, namely Apex and Morrisville, maybe even Chatham County (Pittsboro) if you don't mind a little extra commute.

kh440 said:
the dealership where I am wasting away is a multi-line (GM and highline imports) Hendrick franchise. As far as real estate, I would look in the outlying areas of Raleigh, namely Apex and Morrisville, maybe even Chatham County (Pittsboro) if you don't mind a little extra commute.

I will definetly keep in touch. Thanks for the help...

Yes I am familiar with the area. As KH440 said apex and morrisville are nice places. I live in NE Raleigh and would say that would be a better choice. Within the next year there will be 3 enterances to 540 within 10 min of my house. The 440 belt line is within 15min. I40 is within 20min and convience to downtown raleigh. Also the capital auto auction is 10 min from were I live. Sadisco is about 35 min away from were I'm at as well. The area is starting to explode as well as the Knightdale area which has there own 64 loop to connect to the 540 belt line as well. So if you want a house to keep as an investment I would say that out by my way would be the place to start. With 2 new parks, 2 new elementary schools and a new high school this area is really hoppin'. Apex and morrisville are cool places but not very convient to get in and out of. Since your close to 40 and 85 heading to tracks or traveling in NC as well as VA are easy access.

Hey Fasstcars, we are not too far from one another. I live close to the intersection of Durant and Falls of Neuse right now, but my wife and I are closing on a house at the end of March. We decided to buy a home near Youngsville/Wake Forest.

Twinvipers, just FYI, we picked the Youngsville/Wake Forest area to buy a house because it is a little more private (1 acre wooded lot...lots of room between neighbors) and it seemed like we got a little more house for the money.

Brn Agn thats true I am only anout 10 min or so from that intersection. I live close to the intersection of 401 and Mitchell Mill. Even closer to the intersection of Mitchell Mill and Forrestville. We should met up sometime. Do you drive your TA often? I just got my buick running again with a new motor and trans. Wake forest and youngsville is a great area as well. I also like the area off of durant we have friends that live over that way in a huge subdivision behind a shopping plaza and a gas station on duraleigh. I can't recall the name of it but its has several phases with common areas. Nicely laid out. We have almost an acre nut most of the new homes around us have a lot less. They are building a new elementary school behind us.

My typing skills fall apart after 10pm. I meant durant not duraleigh. I also seem to get my b's and n's confused.

You are right, we should meet up sometime. I have to admit, since I have moved here, I have not seen any Turbo Buicks running around. Am I looking in the wrong places? How much do you drive your car?

My TTA is currently in storage in Missouri. The last time I saw it in person was last July. :( I am hoping to have it shipped out here after we move into the new house. I also have a Nova that is a work in progress that will have to be transported too.

There are some really nice homes off of Durant. Is the subdivision your friends live in called "Falls River"? If so, my wife and I walk in that subdivision often (it is right around the corner from our apartment). I really like the homes in that subdivision, because they are styled after traditional homes of the 1950's and 1960's. Although, we can't afford a house in there!