Ran myself??

FastB

...kinda..my Dad and I were going to a cruise-in and he was in my GN and I was in my '12 SRT8 Challenger. I was cruising behind him on the freeway going maybe 65 or so...got to a stretch where there was zero traffic so he motioned for me to get along side him. We couldn't come to a stop so we went from a 60mph roll...I did get a slight jump on him cuz the boost lag...the 392 pulled hard...as the boost kicked in, the GN just stayed right beside my quarter panel. My Dad said that he was very slowly inching closer until we got out of it...now...my 392 is no slouch and the GN has ran in the mid 11's in the past...the GN "on paper" should be more than a second faster than the SRT. So, what happened? Why didn't my GN just pull away?
It runs great...no problems at all...might be running a bit rich, but other than that...ur guess is as good as mine.

ps- we were in Mexico on our way to a cruise-in in Little Rock...haha.. ;)

It has a TT chip (can't remember which) but it has zero tuning...matter of fact just replaced the battery so I'm sure the GN was at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
From a 60 mph roll the GN probably lost half of 2nd gear acceleration already. Probably would have been a different story from a stop or even a slow roll as long as you could build a little boost. The GN's reputation has been made on the drag strip, not the Autobahn. ;)

Oh for sure, it would have been a slaughter from a dig...I just wasn't expecting it to be that close from a roll.
I've never raced a GN or heard my car from another vehicle ...the turbo sounded AMAZING!!!

Oh for sure, it would have been a slaughter from a dig...I just wasn't expecting it to be that close from a roll.
I've never raced a GN or heard my car from another vehicle ...the turbo sounded AMAZING!!!

My buddy let me drive his 69 Super Bee one day b/c he wanted to hear it and I of course had the Buick, so I get to hear it too. Wow! Turbos do sound amazing outside the car.