Rarest TR Option??!!

The second port vents the boost to air, it should be open with a little fuzzy rectangular filter on it, still available from vendors and GM.

As shown clearly in the nice pic. of a factory stock car shown above.

When the solenoid operates it vents some of the wastegate pressure to the atmosphere raising the boost level.

The car in the video, sitting in the grass, has no hood emblems.

I wouldn't take that Motorweek show as proof of anything.

Good luck with the restoration it will be a nice when finished.

The emblems were there. The weathering and the sun literally destroyed this car. The trunk badge shows Buick on the rt side. The left is the sfi turbo badge. The fender show t type intercooled.

Attachments

• 1429231629705.jpg
    1429231629705.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 1429231643842.jpg
    1429231643842.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 178
That is an 86. Quite rare with the leather seating. Needs some love.

The gn on this video has the same stainless mesh on the turbo hose. Gotta be oem.

I blew that video up, and what you were seeing was the white lettering of part numbers, not steel mesh.
I've owned my GN's since brand new, Turbo Regals did not come with steel mesh on any of the hoses.

I blew that video up, and what you were seeing was the white lettering of part numbers, not steel mesh.
I've owned my GN's since brand new, Turbo Regals did not come with steel mesh on any of the hoses.
X2 on no mesh on hoses. They came with thin black hoses with orange inside layer. Prone to failure with time and extra boost.

How many 1987s have a factory astroroof and power driver's seat? I was told it wasn't an option on later build cars? Mine was built in December of 86. Also, how many cars had the twilight sentential option.
My 87 Gn has the twilight T82 option, all my buddys cars don't have it which I thought was rare, ive seen it in turbo limiteds but not too many Gn's...
Also my Turbo T is dark grey with Maroon console/bucket interior ive only seen 1 other with that combo..

Last edited:
My car had a block heater but I took it off when the motor was rebuilt.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I love tan interiors, I would have ordered my '86 GN with a tan interior if available. I think replacing the gray with tan so you have a black and tan interior on a GN would look sweet.

As far as oddities, my car came from the factory with a black metallic filler panel between the trunk lid and the rear window.

I did order it with a block heater, still wrapped up by the battery with the original tie wrap and have yet to plug it in. It's probably defective, and always has been. Lol

My 87 Limited. Dark Blue, Gray leather, tilt, cruise, p.trunk. White letter tires. No power windows , locks, or antenna, no posi. Early car September 1986. Dealer installed block heater as per bill of sale. 1of 80 LC2 1987 Limiteds sold in Canada as per GM Historic Services.

My 1986 T-Type Dark Blue, Blue buckets. power windows , power antenna, AM stereo-FM stereo UP2 , D64 lighted passenger vanity mirror, no tilt, no cruise, no power locks, no power trunk. B81 bodyside moulding delete. No posi. 1 of 175 LC2 1986 T-Types ( 1 of 12 in Dark Blue Metallic) sold in Canada as per GM Historic Services.

Attachments

• P1000335.JPG
    P1000335.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 99
  • P1000334.JPG
    P1000334.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I have an oddball as well, Kirban thought it can't be more than a handful....
86 T-type WH1,non-limited,grey leather 45/45 with column, astroroof, twilight, climate, pwr seats/windows, tilt/cruise, concert snd 2 with eq. G80 posi

Last edited:
Quick offtopic question for you. Is the color of your console the same as the door panels also what about the dash kick panels? I am redoing my tan interior and it looks like there are multiple ways they did it.
the only dark saddle color in my car is the dash everything else is light saddle.

What about a 87 turbo t, built before the service bullitn for the WE4's, black car, black out package, chrome bumpers only, grey interior like a we4?????

Kirban had a contest a while back looking for the highest and lowest optioned TR's out there.

Mine came in second on the lowest optioned side by just one, with a total of only 51 codes on the SPID label.

Attachments

• 087.JPG
    087.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
the only dark saddle color in my car is the dash everything else is light saddle.
I wonder how they picked the parts out of the bin for the tan interiors :p The only (what appear to be) dark saddle pieces on my car are the piece next to the dash below the a-pillar, the lower kick panels (computer cover too) and the 2 ends of the rear package shelf cover. Everything else is light saddle.

A7DnFtXm.jpg

vs
ySvuBlYm.jpg

Kirban had a contest a while back looking for the highest and lowest optioned TR's out there.

Mine came in second on the lowest optioned side by just one, with a total of only 51 codes on the SPID label.

I had a really high optioned 86 GN I bought from @750H.P.V6 . It had the astro-roof, digital climate control, upgraded carpet in the trunk, etc. It was missing the G80 option though. Unfortunately that car got stolen.