Re finance a 1999 vehicle?

TROUBLE

Mrs. Blackshoebox
Does anyone know of a bank or credit union that will re finance a 1999 vehicle with 75,000 miles? Can't seem to find one willing to do it :( :help:

You can try places like American General or some of those cash advance places. Higher interest but if you need the money.....

I highly recommend checking out Capitalonebank.com and their auto loans.

http://www.capitalone.com/autoloans/index.php?linkid=WWW_Z_Z_Z_GBLHM_H1_02_G_AC1

I just bought a 58,000 mile '99 Grand Cherokee with one of their "blank check" loans. 48 months at 5.56%. All you do is apply for a set amount (I chose $15,000) and if approved they send you out a blank check that you make out to the dealer for whatever price you get it down to. You're payment is based on the amount you payed, not the approved amount, obviously. The used dealer rate right now is 5.65%
They also have private party loans, but the rate is a little higher. Also, the rate is based on you having the payments taken out automatically from an account. If you choose to have a bill sent out, it's .5% higher.

Honestly though, it is the easiest thing in the world to do. A month after I bought my Jeep, my wife bought an '01 Mazda Tribute the same way :)

Financing a 1999 car should be easy. Refinancing a 1999 car is probably going to be damn near impossible... at least from a reputable institution and at a reasonable rate.

As always, though, I could be wrong.

Welby said:

http://www.capitalone.com/autoloans/index.php?linkid=WWW_Z_Z_Z_GBLHM_H1_02_G_AC1

I just bought a 58,000 mile '99 Grand Cherokee with one of their "blank check" loans. 48 months at 5.56%. All you do is apply for a set amount (I chose $15,000) and if approved they send you out a blank check that you make out to the dealer for whatever price you get it down to. You're payment is based on the amount you payed, not the approved amount, obviously. The used dealer rate right now is 5.65%
They also have private party loans, but the rate is a little higher. Also, the rate is based on you having the payments taken out automatically from an account. If you choose to have a bill sent out, it's .5% higher.

Honestly though, it is the easiest thing in the world to do. A month after I bought my Jeep, my wife bought an '01 Mazda Tribute the same way :)

Any idea if they would do a loan on a GN? I have about 7k of my own money and would like to lend about 10k. I know my bank won't do it.

Welby said:

Yeah, Capital One is a great to deal with I have never had a single issue with them.

TROUBLE said:
Does anyone know of a bank or credit union that will re finance a 1999 vehicle with 75,000 miles? Can't seem to find one willing to do it :( :help:

Refi???? why??????? Refinancing realstate is a no brainer, becausre reaslstate appreciates. Cars do not, especially the one you're talking about.
I can't imagine any finance company refinancing a car.
Financing, yes. Refi, no, not unless they're shisters.

ThePhreaker said:
Any idea if they would do a loan on a GN? I have about 7k of my own money and would like to lend about 10k. I know my bank won't do it.

Last time I did business with them they could care less what type of vehicle youre buying but you had to borrow at least $7k (mighta been $7.5k..cant remember).

That may have changed since it was peoplefirst back then before capitolone bought them out.

Capital One unlike some other banks that are out there buys on the 'Person' not the car. If you have have a 700+ Credit Score you can get an excellent rate on cars that you would even think of financing (60s and 70s cars). Absolutely a great lending source!

TurboDave said:
Refi???? why??????? Refinancing realstate is a no brainer, becausre reaslstate appreciates. Cars do not, especially the one you're talking about.
I can't imagine any finance company refinancing a car.
Financing, yes. Refi, no, not unless they're shisters.
The original loan is at 16.5%
A lot of banks will refi a vehicle if it is with in a certain criteria (under 70,000 miles/5 years). Most people will buy down their loan and refi to lower their interest rate.

Try a credit union. I borrowed $4K to buy my turbo car. I borrowed it on a personal loan. The interest was a little higher than a car loan, but I didn't have to get full coverage insurance o the car. Plus they don't keep the title.
They asked me what it was for and I told them it was for a gift. They didn't have to know it was a gift from Me to Me. They didn't ask for collateral or anything.

My wife refinanced her SS Camaro through a credit union. If you have good credit, it is usually in a banks best interest to take over a different banks loan. At least that's been my experience. Would you rather have the interest paid to you or somebody else. Hope that makes sense.

I agree with daviss,try a credit union.Three years ago I refinanced my 1997 truck through a local credit union.I only owed $3k on it and I refinanced it for the top book price on it,book was $12k.I ended up borrowing $9k towards building a garage,I also had some $$ saved.I wish my garage cost only $9k.The timing was good too,I also got a lower interest rate(5.25%)than I had.
Back in 1999 I also refinanced the same truck to get some $$ to buy another GN.That time I borrowed $4800 to go along with some $$ I had saved to get a GN.
Someday I may get the old truck paid off,it has 156k miles. :redface:
I don't know if it matters or not but I have been a member of this credit union since I was an infant.My dad started a savings account for me,around 41 years ago. :eek: