Re:Turbo Adapter to Intake??????

HvyMtlV6

Hey Guys,
I was just wondering about the adapter that fits in the turbo to the intake, is it supposed to be inserted snug tightly where the end fits in the turbo side, as well as the adapter that fits into the intake side? also do i need to apply some kind of sealant on the o-rings - reason why i'm asking is that i was able to slide the adapter in and out of the turbo-side pretty easy with just using my hands, no tools required to pry it out :confused: thanks :) just checking to make sure, before putting the turbo back on or does it sound like i need new o-rings?

you don't need a sealant, it should be rather snug as is. sounds like you indeed might need new o-rings, how old are they? over time they will tend to take a set.

Just did my v2 intake swap and went to remove my turbo and had to pry it from the intake and then pry the adapter from the turbo. I would get new orings if i were you.

buickpower said:
you don't need a sealant, it should be rather snug as is. sounds like you indeed might need new o-rings, how old are they? over time they will tend to take a set.
Thanks for the info guys, sorry for the late response, I had gotten a replacement turbo for now from a friend of mine, mines took a dump, blew the oil seal in the turbo, took off the throttlebody and found oil, exhaust side had none
decided to clean the replacement turbo and notice the adapter was kind of loose, when i pulled it out i saw grease on it, but the o-rings looks brand new to me, maybe it was just there so it wouldn't dry up and crack? after cleaning them and putting back the adapter, it now feels like its nicely snug and tight in there :)