Re: What cam w/ported heads?

bwallace

I am in the process of having my heads ported, I have sent them out to have them checked for cracks and should have them back in a few days. It will be a light porting nothing to major, but was wondering what type of cam shaft and springs most of you guys are using, this may or maynot be a future upgrade depending on whether a different cam is needed. I will stay with stock turbo and injectors until next winter. Still learning, so any ideas are appreciated.

i'm porting my heads as well, but am going back with a stock cam. i think for anyone who is not experienced with turbo regals, like me, is best to do mods slowly and not several at a time. i don't want my combination to get thrown off. So i'm going back with a stock turbo and injectors as well.

I hopefully won't be opening up the engine anytime soon, I thought someone might have some ideas on what cam works best w/ported heads or after porting should my next step be somewhere else (still learnin). Thanks for the post Brian good luck with the heads also. I haven't started yet but let me know how it goes.

I too have a 206/206. Mine is a comp cam. It runs very well. I also have a 218/218 in the other car. Both of the cars have ported and polished heads. I personally like the feel of the 206 cam better.

Yes, you might even have ticking noises even if the pre-load is correct. :D