Real or not

black84

I bought my Gn about 8 months ago and noticed it did not have any vin codes on the vehicle. Does anyone know how I can find out if I truly have a Gn or not? I've seen some codes which are located in the inside of the engine bay, but would this tell me anything? The car interior and outer look like one and the last owner told me it was one so what should I believe? The car runs great either way. Any comments would be appreciated.:confused:

The vin is 1G4GJ1173HP462581. Sorry if i did not mention that it had a vin. Just wanted to know if it was in GN.:confused:

Looks like it is from the eighth character in the VIN bein a "7". Check the option sticker on the underside of the trunk lid. The VIN there should match the other VIN.

What buickboy is trying to say is that the #8 digit is the engine code and 7=turbo 3.8 SO it was an original turbo car unless the vin plate was changed...If the sticker on the trunk is the same then it's PROBABLY correct.

The "7" just means it was a LC2 3.8L turbo. You need to find the WE2 code on the trunk label, build sheet, window sticker, etc. to be sure it is a real Grand National.

HTH, CaptRob

Thanks a lot guys, but forgot to say that the trunk was painted and there was no codes. Anyway is the build sheet the one inside the egine bay up near by the windshield. If so would the build sheet say we2. Another thing if it was not a true Gn what would the code be for a regular turbo regal? :confused: