Real rough when it gets hot...

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
Well i am trying to fix a problem for a good friend of mine..

he has an 87 t type that is all stock with 88k on it

we put in a new 02 last fall and welded up the headers and did new plugs and wires shortly before that

but not the car runs like garbage once it gets pretty hot... if you touch the gas at all it bogs bad and sputters and misses...
when it is cold or warming up, it runs like a champ with no problems other than a slight hesitation right off of idle

i have tried the stock chip aswell as a reds 93 chip both have not improved the condition

what else could it be?

would a bad MAF or coil pack only act up once hot?

the car has no gauges at all and the boost gauge i think is pretty far off in accuracy... as well as the useless stock tach

just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do, i am going to do a basic spring cleaning and reset the TPS and IAC sensors and even the cam sensor,

what else should i check??

thanks in advance

igntion module, They have a failure rate of about 80-90% of the ones i tested.

Change the coil that's what happened to my car once. Ran great when cold but warmed up ran like crap. Coil would break down because of engine heat.

Sean

thanks for the replies...
i know it sounds stupid but is the ignition module attached right under the coils?

if so i know i have a good set up from my car i can try on my buddys t-type

thanks again for the advice..

and as for the cam sensor... how would that cause a problem of only when it is hot?

just curious thanks./.

Swap the module out, yes its attached under the coil pack with screws you need a torx-25 and a 1/4 socket to unplug the connectors