REAR COILS FOR 60's

BobbyBuick

I needing to change rear coils .I cant run air bags as I have the wolfecraft bar.I noticed my car unloading bad on some video.I wonder if variable rate springs are the way to go.Iwas looking at MOOG cc627s.ANY INPUT.Also Im running 29" rear slicks

I have had great luck with progressively wound springs (Moog Cargo Coils)...

...on all kinds of cars. They are definitely an improvement on the OE springs, especially on G bodies. :cool:

Originally posted by BobbyBuick
I needing to change rear coils .I cant run air bags as I have the wolfecraft bar.I noticed my car unloading bad on some video.I wonder if variable rate springs are the way to go.Iwas looking at MOOG cc627s.ANY INPUT.Also Im running 29" rear slicks

Mind describing what you mean by unloading?.
By definition a good rear bar shouldn't allow it.
Maybe it's time to stiffen things up in the rear suspension pickup points?.
I know you have a cage, but without some diagnals, some really don't add alot to the actual frame stiffness.

Bobby,

If your rear is unloading and you dont have air bags its most likely a front shock tuning issue. They are probably letting the front end down too quickliy which in turn loses the rear end weight transfer. This is assuming your not spinning the tires. Which is also manifested by the front end tune for weight transfer.