Rear disc brake conversion kit.

hello people; I know nothing about your question but a vendor should (maybe there is one) sell a complete kit at a price people could afford. I don't race so I don't need the best or nothing fancy just good quality at a price we all could swing.
Also I don't like adaptors but maybe it has to be but a nice simple mounting system would be nice.
Is that too much to ask for or should am I dreaming.
IBBY

The reason for my post is the kit seems priced quite well IMO. When converting from drum to disc, you will indeed need adapters for the calipers. Kit looks complete. I'm just wandering if anyone has used this particular kit.
Looking for feedback.

hello people; I know nothing about your question but a vendor should (maybe there is one) sell a complete kit at a price people could afford. I don't race so I don't need the best or nothing fancy just good quality at a price we all could swing.
Also I don't like adaptors but maybe it has to be but a nice simple mounting system would be nice.
Is that too much to ask for or should am I dreaming.
IBBY

looks like a good kit, i went with ls1 brakes probably cost about the same when i did it. if that was available i out try it got huge bars now at least double the price i say go for it.

hello people; Sorry but off the question isn't there a 2wd blazer rear disks that work. I'd like to see a conversion all made from factory parts coming from any make of car. I've seen in most cases factory is better than the aftermarket. Sorry for no help.
Goodluck and you could be the first to try it.
IBBY

hello people; Sorry but off the question isn't there a 2wd blazer rear disks that work. I'd like to see a conversion all made from factory parts coming from any make of car. I've seen in most cases factory is better than the aftermarket. Sorry for no help.
Goodluck and you could be the first to try it.
IBBY
Can't tell you about the Blazer rears but I have used the Blazer front spindles and calipers before. Worked out quite well.

If you get your hands on a set from a Blazer, everything fits like factory. You will need the spindles though.

Never used that kit, but it's similar to the Right Stuff Detailing kit I put on my Camaro. It uses Cadillac calipers and rotors so they are available from a part store when you need to replace. They work adequate for a driver and Inline Tube is a quality company. Looks very complete also.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Never used that kit, but it's similar to the Right Stuff Detailing kit I put on my Camaro. It uses Cadillac calipers and rotors so they are available from a part store when you need to replace. They work adequate for a driver and Inline Tube is a quality company. Looks very complete also.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input.

This guy was just telln me if i wanted to save some $ on the conversion, to buy a mounting bracket from this online spot, get rear calipers and rotors from a 79 trans am. Have anyone ever heard of this swap before

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

More work and not reversible, but using the 4th gen rear brakes off an F body is a viable option as well. I did a write up in the how to section if you want to get an idea of how to do it. I also used the stock brake cables so I have a parking brake. All the parts cost me less than $150 total.:D

Does anybody make a bracket to slip over the axle without having to remove them?

Does anybody make a bracket to slip over the axle without having to remove them?

You will need to remove them to get the drum backings off. It is an easy process to remove the axels

You will need to remove them to get the drum backings off. It is an easy process to remove the axels
I was talking to this guy about it and he said " hell you can just cut the backing plate off, ive done it before". That made me think of the bracket w/o taking the axles out idea

Looks a lot like the Firebird GTA rear disc brake setup.
Conrad

I was told to get the rear calipers from an 79-85 eldorado with the built in parking brake mechanism and rotors from a 79 trans am and use the bracket from scarebird. My questions are do you have to relocate the rear shocks like some of the other kits and how do you hookup the parking brake cable?