rear end lube

Royal Purple

I just put 75-90 im my posi when I put on my TA Girdle, I was running it before too. RP is Awesome! It has all the additives in it. I give two thumbs up!

I just put 75-90 im my posi when I put on my TA Girdle, I was running it before too. RP is Awesome! It has all the additives in it. I give two thumbs up!

I switched to a synthetic several years ago and still wound up having to get GM's additive. Are you running straight Royal Purple without the additive and the clutches are not grinding?

You do not need to run the additive (friction modifier) with the royal purple synthetic.. Have done this on my car as well as a couple others with no roaring, whining, etc.. I cannot vouch for the other synthetics though..

Mike Banas
87GN

I switched to a synthetic several years ago and still wound up having to get GM's additive. Are you running straight Royal Purple without the additive and the clutches are not grinding?

When I first changed the oil 1yr ago I used the Gm Additive. But this time I used straight RP. Its running as smooth now as it did before. It doesnt need it and I think is messes with the mixture:D

What about running Lucas Synthetic Diff fluid? Im about to put in a new Eaton Posi unit and want to know which fluid to run. Or is Royal Purple that much better?

fluid

What about running Lucas Synthetic Diff fluid? Im about to put in a new Eaton Posi unit and want to know which fluid to run. Or is Royal Purple that much better?

My instructions for my Eaton says to DO NOT use syn. fluid.