Rear quarter glass?

achalmersman

Good evening guys. I am not a body man. I hate body work. That being said I tHink a lot of it is coming my way. Question. Where do you guys buy new rear quarter windows and rubber seals / trim for your restoration jobs? I planned on cutting the windows out and installing new. Where do you source this stuff? All my black stuff is faded. Car has horrible sun damage. Thanks for any help.

I'm a bodyman so I can help you here, the r.ear quarter glass is bolted on the inside and has a ribbon of butyl to seal on the inside. You need to cut it loose on the inside after removing the nuts with a glass knife. After cutting around it u should be able to push it out. If your glass trim is faded you need to find good used ones, they are encapsulated with the glass, good luck

I'm a bodyman so I can help you here, the r.ear quarter glass is bolted on the inside and has a ribbon of butyl to seal on the inside. You need to cut it loose on the inside after removing the nuts with a glass knife. After cutting around it u should be able to push it out. If your glass trim is faded you need to find good used ones, they are encapsulated with the glass, good luck

Damn. So nobody makes this trim / glass? Thanks for your help!

Not reproduced, NOS stuff is very rare. Find some good used off of a car from a different climate. OR if it's not cracked you may be able to clean yours up.

If its just faded and not cracked you can scuff it with a gray scotch brite pad and lightly spray paint it. I did mine about 6 years ago and it still looks great.

Check out flush mount quarter glass in restoration thread. Leave yours alone till they are done and go with those.

I just repainted mine (on the car). buffed them down with some scotchbrite, masked everything off real good and shot them with trim black. The look real good now! They were horrible looking!

Check out flush mount quarter glass in restoration thread. Leave yours alone till they are done and go with those.
Thank you for The replies guys. Where is the restoration thread? Sorry I'm still trying to find my way around here and couldn't find a section on restoration. I am very interested in this flush mount idea. Like modern windows using urethane right?