Rear Quarter Rolled Lip w/Well Trim

jbb71

I am looking to add clearance for larger tires in back and will likely have to roll the lip on my quarter panel. Does anyone have pics and method used to roll the lip and trim?

My concern being the fit of the trim after rolling as it would be rolled past the mounting screw.

roll from just above the second screw from bottom , once rolled you wont need the upper screws to hold because it will lip into the fender , will be fine with just the two on each end
i have the eastwood style fender roller (theres a vid on youtube) but usually just roll them with a 2lb sledge and then put the trim on and roll it over

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Guys. Think I will try and get my hands on an Eastwood roller.... Instead of starting another thread I can ask secondary question. Has anyone used the

Buick Regal Wheelhouse Extension Kit

75765c_be74652147f24ef89b523f9a77a6d9bf.jpg_srz_p_287_212_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Are they worth the effort

A couple pieces of advice from someone who has rolled dozens of fenders...

First clean the surface the roller will contact and make sure the top of the fender lip is clean as well. On top of the fender lip there is usually sand, gravel or chunks of asphalt sitting up there and if you roll the fender hard enough of its self you can actually create small waves in the panel.

Secondly, use heat and take your time. Check the weather and wait for a warm day if possible and use a heat gun, your girl's hair dryer can work in a pinch. The heat will help prevent the paint from cracking, but the older the paint the more likely it is to crack...

You can also go a step further after you've rolled the fender lip flat and actually pull/flare the fender out for additional clearance using a proper fender roller like an Eastwood. Always take your time and make small adjustments to the roller...