Rear Seat Foam

dyermullet

I need to replace my rear seat foam. Anyone have a source for it? I have found that PUI lists front seat foam (which I also need) but I can't find rear.

Second questions is does any sell front and rear seats for my gray T ready to go. Something that I can just bolt in for the rear and mount to my tracks in the front?

Scott

I'd check the used part guys like James TTAOwner and Brian at G body parts for used gray pieces.

There should be lots of rear seats out there in good shape.

They could probably be boxed and shipped Greyhound cheap enough.....

We will actually recover your seats for you & install the new foam. We keep new seat foam in stock. If I don't have 100 rear seats I don't have 1. How bad is your rear foam? Ever think about grabbing half inch foam & gluing it to your exsisting rear foam? We have done that on good seats but the outside edges we damaged in the front buckets.
We sell the PUI front seat foam & the gray seat covers. Front & rear & head rests.

My rear foam is in perfect condition except for smelling like mouse shit and piss. I have the covers off the foam and tried to clean it but with little success so far. Any suggestions on how to get the smell out of the foam? I would rather just buy new but it sounds like it is not available.

All I see listed on your website is monte carlo front seat foam. Is it the same as the buick?

I was able to get the rear foam cleaned. Ended up cleaning it with hot water and the expensive carpet cleaner solution that is made for pet stains. It has somekinda enzymes that kill the smell.

My rear foam is in perfect condition except for smelling like mouse shit and piss. I have the covers off the foam and tried to clean it but with little success so far. Any suggestions on how to get the smell out of the foam? I would rather just buy new but it sounds like it is not available.
I did this years ago with an old couch that I "reclaimed" for my own use. Make a detergent mix and soak the foam first. It will need to sit for a while and you can walk on it to help work it through. You may have to put it in the tub to do it better. Once all the crap seems to be coming out then rinse in the same mannor, several times. It will take several days for it to dry but it worked on the couch cushions for me.;)

That is what i did only a little more elegantly than you did. I used a product meant to be mixed with water in a carpet cleaner vacuum. Mixed that with hot water poured it over the foam worked it in until saturated, let it sit for awhile, then rinsed very well with the hose. Got as much water out as I could and left out in the sun all day. Then I built a frame out of some scrap wood to hold the foam up vertical and have a fan blowing on it. It takes about 3-4 days to get fully dry.

10 year old thread, but I have the same question..... Anyone make the Molded seat foam for the back of a Regal or any G-body ? I checked Classic Industries and all I can find there is a Generic foam pad....not molded like the original.