Rear Seat INSTALL...

1987Vader

Fade to Black!
:mad:Ok, this car LOVES to fight me with EVERYTHING...especially the stupid stuff. First I can not get the rear seat off...now I can not get it back ON! The left side goes on easy...the right side wont budge. Does anyone have a trick as to how to latch the bars to those two catches? I am done with installing the amps and subs...I just have to get this seat in!:mad: Thanks for any ideas.

squat in the rear floor pan and put your knee against the bottom of the seat and push it into place.

squat in the rear floor pan and put your knee against the bottom of the seat and push it into place.

Thanks...figured it out...that side must have been seized. It is in now. All I had to do was beat the ever lovin crap out of that bar.:mad:

Now...peace and tranquility rule my mind:cool:

I'm not sure at which stage of installation you're experiencing issues.

I found difficulty getting the catches on top of the seat back to engage, however perseverance finally won out. The most exasperating issue was the size of the fasteners which secure the bottom of the seat back to the floor - a set of torx bits have sizes of 55, 60, & 65, however, the fasteners in my TR are something like 57. (don't quote me on these sizes, but you get the idea - another tool acquiring trip to a special tool store).

I found the seat bottom to be about the same hazzle as any other GM vehicle. Slide the back of the seat bottom as far back under the seat back as you can & then push the bottom edge back hard enough to get it to engage the hooks on the floor.

Getting the rear seat back off was easy for me...that was a plus. It was the seat bottom that was ridculous. One side was so easy...the other...not so much. Thank the Lord the install is over.

Pics

How about posting some pics of the audio equipment? I would love to see what your system looks like.

Ha! My "system" can't compare to anything others have I am sure. It is a system that I put together years ago and whenever I sell a car and buy a new one I re-install it all once again. The GN was a different challenge for me because I never ran the 4 gauge power wire under the car before to just pop up under the rear seat. By owning z28s and IROCs, I have been a bit spoiled when it came to running all of the wires to the back.

People will say my system is dated...but it sure shakes/rattles the hell out of the GN:

MTX 300 watt Amp (running it on Full Pass which handles the back speakers - Sony 3-way 6X9s)

Kenwood 600 watt amp (Running the two subs/kicker box with tweeters - I am running it bridged and on low-pass) The subs are Bazooka.

KDC-MP435U Kenwood head unit with aux input for an external player/laptop as well as an MP3/WMA USB port - just dump a bunch of songs on a flashdrive. (The head unit handles the 4 front speakers.)

Monster cable throughout.

I will try to get some pics but look-wise remember it is not as fancy as what others probably have. Thanks for your interest! Spent all weekend installing the whole thing and only got 5 minutes to enjoy it tonight. It is so nice to have my tunes back though!:D