Rear Speaker Hanger Question?

Rauder

Guys,

Does anyone know what 4X10 replacement speaker I can install using the original hanger brackets? My original speakers are garbage and I would like to replace them but I do not want to drill any holes. I just want to remove the hanger install the new speaker and reinstall the hanger.

I have the original Radio with the equalizer.

Thank You..

I bought these Kenwood KFC-415C Full Range Car Speakers at Onlinecarstereo.com and put them in as direct replacements. If you google that website name for discount codes, you may find one. I had to bend the wire brackets to modify those to make the speakers fit but it was no major big deal, I still have the original brackets. The new speakers are a huge upgrade!

When you say you bend the wire bracket, are you talking about the wire on the speaker or the bracket itself?

4x10 - 6x9 adapter | eBay

right there any of those i bought a set and just used zip ties to tie them in place and they allow a much more readily available 6x9 speaker. worked great! and you dont hurt the value of the car drilling or anything.

If you did want to stay with original factory speakers you might check into having them rebuilt. I live in West Michigan and I wanted to stay original so I had my speakers re-coned by the Circut Shop in Caledonia MI. They can be found online at www.circutshop.com There should be somebody closer to where you live that should be able to do this.

When you say you bend the wire bracket, are you talking about the wire on the speaker or the bracket itself?

I had to bend the stock bracket that is in our car, holding the original speakers in. I mostly bent the wire portion of the bracket so the slightly thicker new speakers went in.

I just installed a set of Pioneer TS-A4103 4x10's this weekend. Purchased them off ebay. They're relatively inexpensive and fit perfectly, no bending brackets!!

I just installed a set of Pioneer TS-A4103 4x10's this weekend. Purchased them off ebay. They're relatively inexpensive and fit perfectly, no bending brackets!!

Are you telling me they are a plug and play...I'm looking for speakers that will fit perfect with the original hangers...

Check out Onlinecarstereo.com for speakers. Their price for Kenwood KFC-415C is 1/2 of Crutchfield.com's price

I have used these speakers in the past, they are 4x10's and will fit right in place, just like the stockers do. The sound is alright for a 4x10 speaker. I have since upgraded to a 6x9 speaker with the speaker adapters as mentioned above.

Also metra made speaker plug adaptors .....search eBay. I think they were 71-4500

Guys,

Does anyone know what 4X10 replacement speaker I can install using the original hanger brackets? My original speakers are garbage and I would like to replace them but I do not want to drill any holes. I just want to remove the hanger install the new speaker and reinstall the hanger.

I have the original Radio with the equalizer.

Thank You..

Go the 6x9 route instead, you'll get more music...heh

2d00c491-5d08-4526-b70f-47b955ba1b20.jpg

09fbc05e-aa6a-4404-8a9a-e73dbf8f0b58.jpg

249dec97-aa03-4403-92af-a555d6cc96b4.jpg

Enjoy!

I have used these speakers in the past, they are 4x10's and will fit right in place, just like the stockers do. The sound is alright for a 4x10 speaker. I have since upgraded to a 6x9 speaker with the speaker adapters as mentioned above.

Thanks for the update..

Are you telling me they are a plug and play...I'm looking for speakers that will fit perfect with the original hangers...

They are plug and play. I think they are rated at 120W max/35W nominal apiece...I have an alpine head unit that puts out 50W per channel...don't know how they will sound with the stock radio as it might underpowered for these particular speakers...

They are plug and play. I think they are rated at 120W max/35W nominal apiece...I have an alpine head unit that puts out 50W per channel...don't know how they will sound with the stock radio as it might underpowered for these particular speakers...