Reason for blowing turbos...???

automorph

I was putting a new turbo oil feed line in today and noticed this.... Our oil feed line goes into a brass block, brass block is then pushed into our block?? This block has 2 taps for 2 lines. I have looked in my TTA supplement and it states : 1. is the oil feed line into turbo and 2. is for oil pressure switch. I looked at my GN and that is how it is. NOW my car has the brass block but 1 tap is plugged and my oil pressure switch is below my oil filter. Could this be why I am blowing turbos..???? I know my car has been apart numerous times and I really do not believe the motor was put back together properly by the previous owner. Thanks for any replies

Wild TA,

The car maybe in the market for fall. If serious, let me know your range and I will email you details about the car.

thanks

YOUR TTA

Automorph

I am looking for a TTA that is in ok-good condition. prefer hardtop.
Your post said that your engine has been apart a few times and that you don't think it was put back to gether properly, have you had enough of it ? I don't mind if the paint is bad, as long as the body and frame is strait and interior is in good condition.

I have a few questions about the car.

1. Is the car hardtop ?

2. How many kilomotors on the car ?

3. Ever been hit or in an accident ?

4. How does the car drive, how long have you owned the car ?

5. VIN # please.

6. Any major problems, other than turbo ? such as over heat, rust

7. Cloth or leather interior ?

I will be in Ontario the last two weeks of August, I would like to come see if possible.

thank you Wild ta

T-top
44,000miles
Frontcollison, repainted
2nd owner, drives great, drones a little
No rust, looks brand new, waxed onced a week
Leather, driver seat has cracks on left side, rest mint
Have all original parts, all literature on car

I am on currently on vacation and will be back mid July. Will keep in contact.

Thanks

Good Luck finding a hardtop. There were only like 34 or something made and people pay lots more for them.

Originally posted by TTA89
Good Luck finding a hardtop. There were only like 34 or something made and people pay lots more for them.

hardtop and leather: 24
hardtop and cloth: 15

"the vice swede"