Rebuilt Engine - No Fuel Pressure

urhstry

Looking for some help here, I am out of ideas.
I have 12V to the hot-wired relay. If I put power to the black connector by the A/C compressor, I get pressure in the rail. I DON'T hear the pump when i turn the key forward. I checked the relay on the Pass side fender and it checks out good. I have spark and the crank sensor is fine.

The ECM powers the fuel relay for 2 seconds when you first key it. I heard Bob Baily once state that there is something that can go bad in the ECM that causes this (can't remember what). He said, at the time, he could repair the ECM.
You could at least test the rest of your circuit by jumping out the connector that goes to your oil pressure switch.

HTH,
Robert

How exactly do i do that? I eliminated the oil pressure switch to install an oil pressure guage.

You will need to jumper oil pressure switch terminals that are straight across from each other. You can use a short piece of wire with a couple of male spade terminals to do this.
When I installed my oil pressure gauge, I kept the switch by using a brass Tee.

Robert

Still not having any luck with this problem. I noticed my check engine light doesn't come on when I turn the key forward either. Strange problem as all I did was take out the engine, rebuild it, and put it back in. Grounds are all in place and I never had any problems as far as electrical stuff. Changed out the ECM with a known good unit with no change. Anybody else have any ideas? Pump works when 12V is applied to the connector by the A/C compressor. 12V at the pump too off the alt.

The check Engine light should be coming on... Check and make sure you have power to your ECM. Is the orange wire at the battery connected and all your fuses good?

All fuses are good. ECM wire is connected. What could be disconnected under the hood that will cause this? When you turn the key, what (color) wires get current?

All fuses are good. ECM wire is connected. What could be disconnected under the hood that will cause this? When you turn the key, what (color) wires get current?

I would check to make sure you actually have power to the ECM by probing terminal C16 (should be an orange wire) of the 32 pin connector at the ECM.

Terminal A1 (should be green wire with black stripe) of the 24 pin ECM connector is the fuel pump relay circuit. It should show 12 volts for 2 seconds when you key it.

Thank you sir. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I'll check that out tonight and post my findings.

Would it be possible that ONE of the ground wires on the back of the head aren't grounded? I was thinking that the new engine paint is getting in the way of a good ground.

Thank you sir. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I'll check that out tonight and post my findings.

Would it be possible that ONE of the ground wires on the back of the head aren't grounded? I was thinking that the new engine paint is getting in the way of a good ground.

I would suppose you could have a ground issue. The ECM has many grounds... See the attached ECM pin out to help identify.

Attachments

• pin out.jpg
    pin out.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 41
Found my problem! The fusible link at the battery going to the ECM was bad. No idea how but at least I found it. Replaced it for now with a piece of wire and car started right up. Thank you Robert, for helping me solve this. I owe you a beer.

Found my problem! The fusible link at the battery going to the ECM was bad. No idea how but at least I found it. Replaced it for now with a piece of wire and car started right up. Thank you Robert, for helping me solve this. I owe you a beer.

Glad you got it going!